Wipe is Coast in Ideamaker? ASA+ print gone wrong

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
FOGD.NO

Wipe is Coast in Ideamaker? ASA+ print gone wrong

Postby FOGD.NO » Mon May 11, 2020 7:24 am

I have been dialing in some filament last week and tried to fix the "seam" with wipe and coast. I accidently had on wipe 0.5 when printing ASA+ and used my PLA template as something to duplicate. So I used my speed settings, and other stuff while editing temp.

The print turned out great with a tad over extruding, but where the seam is I got a giant gap. Like 0.5mm and I have 0 on coast. So what could it be? I am using latest Beta Ideamaker and the E2 and used the Left IDX

ASAPrint.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Wipe is Coast in Ideamaker? ASA+ print gone wrong

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 am

Would you like to share .idea, .gcod and .date files of this print with us?

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Sat May 16, 2020 9:37 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to share .idea, .gcod and .date files of this print with us?

I have been trying now for many days, but still strange things happen. This time I tried with ABS.
It is not consistent. I could try with a test print and it look ok, and then I try the model and it is shit.

One thing that helped so I could get a closed seam was to enable "extra restart amount" and then add a little coast to balance it out. For the test model where I just cut a part of the model it look good, but when I print a complete model then I get different behaviour. Some lines are good and others are to short.

Now I am testing with the latest Beta version. I downloaded latest firmware this week and also tried that.

Standard - E2 - ABS-export.bin
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ABS 1.75mm-export.filament
(609 Bytes) Downloaded 5 times

IMG_1655.jpg
Koppholder_single.idea
(675.26 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Not 100% sure, but it can be related to retraction.
Try enable Avoid Retraction Inside Models and disable Extra Restart Amount and see whether the result gets any better.

eXcelonPrime

Postby eXcelonPrime » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 am

Yeah I don't know but something seems to have changed, because I'm now getting seams like this using the PLA standard profile where before I didn't have any issues. Really need some suggestions soon!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat May 23, 2020 1:02 am

We feel the result should be related to to the value put in Code M572. Try test different values in Code M572 and see whether the result look better or worse.

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Mon May 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We feel the result should be related to to the value put in Code M572. Try test different values in Code M572 and see whether the result look better or worse.

Since this is your machine and all are similar. Could you try to find a good medium that would work?

Because it is better if you find a value for us, to enter then we try ourself.

https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Pressure_advance

eXcelonPrime

Postby eXcelonPrime » Tue May 26, 2020 12:16 am

FOGD.NO wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We feel the result should be related to to the value put in Code M572. Try test different values in Code M572 and see whether the result look better or worse.

Since this is your machine and all are similar. Could you try to find a good medium that would work?

Because it is better if you find a value for us, to enter then we try ourself.

https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Pressure_advance

I'm going to have to agree with FOGD.NO on this. I've spent the better part of the weekend printing test piece after test piece and I'm to the point where now I'm just shooting in the dark. I know every parameter change affects the system as a whole, but PA is little more intertwined than say something like printing a little faster. I have been able to improve the seam some, but right now I'd say my E2 is useless to me if I want to print anything cylindrical and even worse, cylindrical and translucent!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 am

The M572 value in the PLA template is much higher than the one in ASA template. If you have duplicated the PLA template to tune for ASA, then it's possible that the M572 value in the start gcode is way too high causing that giant gap at the seams. Also not to mention, in the template attached here, the acceleration and jerk values were changed so that could also affect the results with the default templates.

We have tested our ABS with default template, we can't recreate the same issue on model.
Attachments
IMG_20200527_102353.jpg

Return to “Printing Settings”