Polymide-Copa Nylon / polyamide based filament

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
FOGD.NO

Polymide-Copa Nylon / polyamide based filament

Postby FOGD.NO » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 am

I am going to print this with my Raise3d E2 and want to get pointers from other printing nylon.

Read about PLA, PVP, Glass, Garolite and try to find the best solution. I am printing lens boards for large format camera, and spare parts (gears) and other that need strength.
I read a lot about Garolite, and if that is the best solution for Nylon, then I need to source a plate for the E2 with that. I made a Cad drawing of the plate since I have one made to use cold geckotek with PLA.
Could try PLA first with the other IDX head and then print Nylon on top like some suggested, but since the room is a bit cold I might need to heat the chamber somehow and the E2 don`t have much room for that. Take out the glass for the top cover and place a heated bed is one.

So any ideas would be great.

https://eu.polymaker.com/product/polymide-copa/
------------------------
-{Prototype Guru}-
Raise3d E2 w/SliceEngineer
Prusa MK3s Custom designed (Uploaded at Grabcad)
Prusa Mini
Creality CR-30 Beltprinter

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Polymide-Copa Nylon / polyamide based filament

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:18 am

The machine should be capable of printing the material without any types of modifications.
For bed adheasion for all Nylon's we recomed using Magigoo PA on the BuildTak surface or you can try PVP gluestick which can also help with bed adheasion.

mmoestre

Postby mmoestre » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 pm

I've been printing with Ionic Hi-Temp Hybrid Support from MatterHackers on my Pro2 Plus with success. I needed a soluble support for some of my more complicated parts and it does that very well. It also adheres much better to the BuildTak plate than nylon. https://www.matterhackers.com/store/c/ionic-hi-temp-hybrid-support-material

Robodad

Postby Robodad » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:02 pm

mmoestre wrote:I've been printing with Ionic Hi-Temp Hybrid Support from MatterHackers on my Pro2 Plus with success. I needed a soluble support for some of my more complicated parts and it does that very well. It also adheres much better to the BuildTak plate than nylon. https://www.matterhackers.com/store/c/ionic-hi-temp-hybrid-support-material

Can I ask you what settings you are using for the Ionic? I'm using NylonX with success on my Pro2 but need to start building more complicated fixtures. Thank you.

Return to “Printing Settings”