Leaking hot end with PETG

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
A6y_N0rma1

Leaking hot end with PETG

Postby A6y_N0rma1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:23 pm

I tried switching to PETG after a few good years using ABS. When I switched I started having major leakage problems that made a real mess of the hot end assembly with essentially no good methods for cleaning (it's not soluble in anything that I know). I replaced the assembly with a spare that I had and after a few prints, started having the same problem. The 2nd hot end assembly was installed as received from the factory and it too started leaking after a few prints. I noticed when taking it apart that the throat tube was a bit loose so I figured the factory unit was not assembled properly. The 2nd assembly seemed tight when I installed it, just never put a wrench to it to make sure.

I just used my last spare assembly. This time, I loosened the nozzle (no gap seen between nozzle base and heater block) so I turned the throat tube in 1/2-turn so that when I tightened up the nozzle again tight, I had a small gap between the nozzle and the heater block. I'm back to ABS because I don't want a repeat of the problem as I don't have any spares (will have to order replacement parts).

Has anyone had luck with an N2 and PETG? I was using an extruder temp of 240. I've heard great things about PETG but it hasn't been nice to me.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Leaking hot end with PETG

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:20 am

Would you like take some pictures of your hotend? So that we can see the leakage more clearly.

Return to “Printing Settings”