Issue with Raft or first layer or bed leveling?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
devmailboxlive

Issue with Raft or first layer or bed leveling?

Postby devmailboxlive » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:46 pm

raft.JPG

Could anyone help me to diagnose what this issue is?

I have Pro2 Plus with premium PLA from Raise3D, and I use standard template. We had the printer for about 3 months now, and the rafts were OK before, but now I'm seeing this for almost every print.

Is this bed leveling or some extrusion/tension issue? Note: I'm relatively new to 3D printing.

Thanks for your help!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Issue with Raft or first layer or bed leveling?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Looks like it is under-extruding. Have you tuned any settings in your template? Can you reset the settings in ideaMaker back to default and run a test print again? Is the issue happening on both nozzles or only one side?

devmailboxlive

Postby devmailboxlive » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Vicky, thanks for taking a look.

The issue is happening on my left extruder. I'll need to try with the right one.

I used the same settings that I used for a while now - basically one of the standard settings with tiny modifications re infill, and number of shells.

I tried to adjust the tension bolt on the left side, and it seems to help. Could it be that left extruder tension was not strong enough?

devmailboxlive

Postby devmailboxlive » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:47 pm

IMG-6789.JPG

Seems to look better now (this is a raft from a another print I just finished). This is after I tightened the tension bolt further.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:30 pm

It looks a lot better now.
Attached an instruction for this topic in case anyone else want to learn how to adjust feeding tension:
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-516.html

Return to “Printing Settings”