Layer Separation

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
wo4sunhao

Layer Separation

Postby wo4sunhao » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Did anyone have this layer separation problem before? I have bought this printer for 2 years and this is the first time ever have this problem. I look up online and did not find any similar issue like this. Most other layer separation problem is caused by cooling and you can see warp on separated layer level on those example picture. But here is no warp on my separated layer. It just looks like the layer did not stick to the previous for couple times and then it stick back again.

Pleas check the picture for more detail.
Attachments
$R083VU0.JPG
$R083VU0.JPG (29.64 KiB) Viewed 127 times
$RP1YLJ3.jpg
$RH0HW59.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Layer Separation

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Do you only have this issue with one type of filament or all types of filament?

wo4sunhao

Postby wo4sunhao » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Do you only have this issue with one type of filament or all types of filament?

I am only printing PLA right now. I am not sure if this will happen on other materials.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Looks like the extrusion is not continuously good. What was the temperature you set for this filament? Did you see nozzle temperature changes a lot during printing?

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Looks like the extrusion is not continuously good. What was the temperature you set for this filament? Did you see nozzle temperature changes a lot during printing?

I agree - looks like under-extrusion/jam/slipping...

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:02 pm

wo4sunhao wrote:Did anyone have this layer separation problem before? I have bought this printer for 2 years and this is the first time ever have this problem. I look up online and did not find any similar issue like this. Most other layer separation problem is caused by cooling and you can see warp on separated layer level on those example picture. But here is no warp on my separated layer. It just looks like the layer did not stick to the previous for couple times and then it stick back again.

This looks like the filament has gotten "wet" and needs to be dried out. Water has been absorbed into the filament at a molecular level and is being vaporized as the filament is extruded through the nozzle. This leaves gaps that can cause the poor layer adhesion you're seeing.

wo4sunhao

Postby wo4sunhao » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Looks like the extrusion is not continuously good. What was the temperature you set for this filament? Did you see nozzle temperature changes a lot during printing?

I don't have a temperature monitor. Is there a way to monitor the temperature while its printing??

wo4sunhao

Postby wo4sunhao » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:30 pm

jetdillo wrote:
wo4sunhao wrote:Did anyone have this layer separation problem before? I have bought this printer for 2 years and this is the first time ever have this problem. I look up online and did not find any similar issue like this. Most other layer separation problem is caused by cooling and you can see warp on separated layer level on those example picture. But here is no warp on my separated layer. It just looks like the layer did not stick to the previous for couple times and then it stick back again.

This looks like the filament has gotten "wet" and needs to be dried out. Water has been absorbed into the filament at a molecular level and is being vaporized as the filament is extruded through the nozzle. This leaves gaps that can cause the poor layer adhesion you're seeing.

Do you mean the filament is not good already before the print?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm

wo4sunhao wrote:

I don't have a temperature monitor. Is there a way to monitor the temperature while its printing??

Please check whether the nozzle temperature values on touchscreen change or not during printing.

Return to “Printing Settings”