Raft still sticking (strongly) to part

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
A6y_N0rma1

Raft still sticking (strongly) to part

Postby A6y_N0rma1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:34 pm

I've recently had issues with my raft sticking to my parts when I need to use raft. I have to either cut, sand, or lathe off the raft that sticks to the part. I didn't have this issue a year ago, so don't know if something changed when I upgraded to ideaMaker (3.4.1) or I accidentally changed something in the slicing parameters. I've tried increased the raft to model gap to 0.35 mm, but still no luck. Should I keep trying larger values or is there something else that I'm missing?

BTW, I'm using Raise3D Premium ABS filament and printing at 230/110, Bondtec extruder with Olsson Ruby nozzle and GeckoTek flexible plate.

A6y_N0rma1

Re: Raft still sticking (strongly) to part

Postby A6y_N0rma1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Found some advanced settings for raft in ideaMaker. Noticed that the surface layer (assumed this would be what the model would build on) has a default Surface Layer Infill Ratio of 85%. I lowered this to 33% thinking that less raft would not adhere as strongly. The raft peeled off rather easily. Will have to pay around with this setting to optimize it a bit, but this setting seemed to fix the problem for me.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:59 pm

There is also a settings in ideaMaker, called Raft Gap. You can also adjust it to increase the gap between Raft and first layer of Model.

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Return to “Printing Settings”