Left or Right extruder

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
devmailboxlive

Left or Right extruder

Postby devmailboxlive » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 am

Hi All,

I have a newbie question. I noticed that most of the templates in IdeaMaker for my Pro2 Plus use the left extruder for the raft, and for main printing. Is that OK to change the settings to use only the right one instead? I would just like to print via the right one for a while at the moment.

Thank you.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Left or Right extruder

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 pm

You can change the nozzle for printing Raft.
1.png

After slicing, you can go Preview to check which structure will be printed by which nozzle.

devmailboxlive

Postby devmailboxlive » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Thanks, Vicky.

So, there is no "default" nozzle then, right? Looks like I can choose either one when I want.

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Jetguy weighed in on this I think two or three weeks ago in the general board. The left nozzle is the default.

https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... zle#p45789

devmailboxlive

Postby devmailboxlive » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Cool, thank for referencing that thread. It seems that his recommendation is to primarily use left nozzle for single color prints due to the fact that the firmware assumes that the left is the default, and if something goes wrong, the left one is going to be used by default.

Return to “Printing Settings”