Dual extrusion

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
apolita

Dual extrusion

Postby apolita » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello guys,

I am opening a topic in this section about trouble I faced using dual extrusion with my Pro2Plus. I'm working with PLA on left extruder and PVA on right extruder as support.
During the extrusion I observed the fact that the PVA didn't get out the nozzle instantly when needed. As a matter of fact the layer doesn't stick on the previous one and the printing is over... It looks like the material can get out the nozzle during 1 or 2s and then it get out but doesn't stick... It happens always when there is an extruder switch. I already tried to change some parameters such as the restart speed of extruder switch. I am also wondering the impact of "extra restart of extruder switch" ..?
Did you already face the same problem ??

thanks for your help, don't hesitate to ask if I was not totally clear...

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Dual extrusion

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 pm

It can by caused by moisture in your material. You may need to consider dry your spool first.
Attached some printing tips for PVA for you:
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-366.html

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Beyond what Vicky has said, make sure to use a wipe wall (I have mine set to 3 layers thick). That usually solves the problem of any plastic delay on switching, albeit at the expense of wasted material.

apolita

Postby apolita » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:52 am

Hi,

thanks for you answer ! I am already using a wipe wall around the part, it doesn't really help because when the PVa get out the nozzle it doesn't stick, the filament always stick to the side of the nozzle and then i am only pulling a cold filament...
I'll try with new material to check if it can resolve that problem.

I'll let you know,

apolita

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:33 pm

If possible, we would always recommend to leave the PVA spool into Print Dry for at least a few hours or overnight before start printing to make sure every spool is fully dried.

Return to “Printing Settings”