What is this and how do I turn it off?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
dgranger

What is this and how do I turn it off?

Postby dgranger » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:02 pm

I am using a Pro2 and the Standard ABS Template wuth 20% fill. Can anyone tell me what the shell is around the print and how to turn it off?

Thanks

Jetguy

Re: What is this and how do I turn it off?

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 am

It's called a wipe wall because you chose dual extrusion.

It indicates you probably are making a mistake in settings for a given non dual extrusion print invoking dual extrusion for less than good reasons.

In other words, you are asking the wrong question. You "want" a wipe wall anytime you are doing dual extrusion and so the real question is- how did you get to settings that used both extruders and thus invoked wipe wall?

See other folks making the same kind of mistakes, not knowing what features are called and so on
https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php ... ipe#p41800

In that specific case- this was the mistake that invoked dual extrusion and thus wipe wall when that's probably not what the user intended
"
Looks that the support generated is printed by left nozzle. You need to change the support nozzle to right as Raft nozzle."

dgranger

Postby dgranger » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Thank you for the answer. I will take a look at the link asap.

dgranger

Postby dgranger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Thank you for pointing me to that. I was not understanding that the wipe wall was on purpose. I was printing using both extruders - Black ABS on Right for the part and White on the Left for raft and support.

Return to “Printing Settings”