Infill flowrate - what is it exactly ?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Hugues Duprint

Infill flowrate - what is it exactly ?

Postby Hugues Duprint » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:39 am

Hello,

I like to print "fat" infill in order to have more strength without loosing too much time.
I have set the "infill extrusion width percentage" to 120%

To my understanding, the head will extrude more plastic in the same amount of time ; kind of a voluntary over extrusion.
=> would I need to set the "infill flowrate" at the same percentage (120%) or is this setting something different ?

Thanks for your help !

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Infill flowrate - what is it exactly ?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:39 am

If you change both extrusion width and flowrate to be 150%, then it will be 1.5*1.5*extrusion.
So you will only need to change either Extrusion Width or Flowrate.
But you may need to consider increase the nozzle temperature or decrease the printing speed, or the extruder may can not handle the extra extrusion.

Hugues Duprint

Postby Hugues Duprint » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:49 pm

understood, thank you !

Wybren

Postby Wybren » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:07 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If you change both extrusion width and flowrate to be 150%, then it will be 1.5*1.5*extrusion.
But you may need to consider increase the nozzle temperature or decrease the printing speed, or the extruder may can not handle the extra extrusion.

Does extrusion width affect the amount of lines calculated? My impression was that if you make the extrusion width smaller, IM will actually compensate by putting down more lines in the same area. Otherwise, the settings would only differ in name...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 am

Wybren wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If you change both extrusion width and flowrate to be 150%, then it will be 1.5*1.5*extrusion.

Does extrusion width affect the amount of lines calculated? My impression was that if you make the extrusion width smaller, IM will actually compensate by putting down more lines in the same area. Otherwise, the settings would only differ in name...

The thinner the extrusion lines are, the more it will need to reach the Infill Ratio value.

Return to “Printing Settings”