Dual Printing

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
stupre1972

Dual Printing

Postby stupre1972 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

First of all, i have used the search and cannot see an answer, so my apologies if this has been asked previously......

I have had a Raise 3D Pro2 Plus for about 1 year now - my order was delayed while Raise released the model - and while i have experienced some difficulties (Overheating when the lid is on that was solved by printing some lid lifters), i have found the equipment to be very useful.

My issue:
- I am trying to print 2 objects. (in this case some gears)
- Object 1 I want in black from the left nozzle
- Object 2 I want in right from the right nozzle

Filaments are loaded. Objects are placed on the Ideamaker software and assigned to left and right. Settings are set so that i have a Right nozzle available and no infill is required. Objects are sliced and GCode is transferred to a USB. - all good so far.

Upload the GCode to the printer and press GO
Left hand nozzle prints the raft and first layer of the object
Printer switches to right hand nozzle and then proceeds to start to print the raft again. This raft is printed at the required offset and at the height that the left hand nozzle reached.
Printer gets stopped by user and sworn at.

Any ideas as to how to solve this issue?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Dual Printing

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Would you mind open the gcode file of this print in ideaMaker and check whether the Raft for model for right nozzle are set for right nozzle to printer or left nozzle? The preview will show different colors for different nozzles.
Is this the first time of using dual nozzle to print together? Have you met wrong offset issue before? Would you like confirm the nozzle offset in touchscreen?

stupre1972

Re: Dual Printing

Postby stupre1972 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:15 am

raft for both is set for left
I will try again on Monday - currently running a 96 hour job

Return to “Printing Settings”