Different speeds with dual prints

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
martialgeudin

Different speeds with dual prints

Postby martialgeudin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am

I am looking to print CPE and FlexFill (flexible fillament). Herefor I need two different print speeds. One for CPE and another for FlexFill. As the FlexFill needs very slow print speed and also a slow flowrate it's not easy to combine it with another fillament as CPE that needs a faster print speed. How can you make a setting that the printer can manage the two separated settings in one print run? Do I need to use a different slicer software to make this possible or is this to do with Ideamaker?

Best wishes for 2019 and thanks for any suggestion.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Different speeds with dual prints

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:33 am

You can achieve this with Pre-group settings. As you are printing with two nozzles, which means your model must have individual parts.
You can set right nozzle's printed parts as one group, left as another group, then edit Pre-group settings. There have speed settings under Pre-group settings.

martialgeudin

Postby martialgeudin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:03 am

hi Vicky, I will try this, do you have a little movie of this as a tutorial? This would be great to follow each step and if needed review it to understand the several steps. For this community this would be a next level and professionalize it. Thanks in advance.

Can you also advise on the flexible fillaments? Because this is realy an issue? I've done almost everything. Had good results by slowing down the speed but after 10 to 20 mm of build the extrusion stops or getting very messy.

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:46 pm

As above, the pre-group and per-layer settings can be found on the template selection screen. So when you hit "start" (to slice) you'll see three tabs on the popup screen (note, this is NOT under the edit or advanced template). Word of caution, those tabs are meant for more advanced prints, and whatever you set on them will stay for every subsequent print. You can return the tabs to default at any time (or pick and choose things to add or remove). Just don't forget when you set them for this print, you will need to reset them before the next different print.

I can say though, for support structures that by default layer to the base of a model vertically to the build plate, it's nice to stop the support early for certain shapes using the per layer tab! You also can print using two different nozzle sizes with these two tabs, but you're going into more uncharted territory there!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Sorry, we don't have video tutorial for one feature of ideaMaker but only the full manual. But I can share you some screenshots to show the steps.

1.png
3.png
2.png
4.png
5.png
6.png

For the full manual of ideaMaker, you can check under the following link:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1069/ ... 6208980796

For the strings of flexible filament, I would recommend you to find some temperature calibration test models online to find out a perfect temperature for your model, then tune the retraction settings. But due to the filament type, normally flexible filament has more strings comparing with hard ones.

martialgeudin

Postby martialgeudin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:21 am

Vicky,
I made a setting for a dual print of CPE and FLEXFILL. I analyzed it in the preview for the print speeds and the colors of the speeds correspond to what I set up. I will make a print with this settings and let you know.

I noticed that you write "Pre-group settings" and "Pre-layer settings". On the tabs of Ideamaker those tabs are written as "Per-group settings an Per layer settings". What is the correct orthography?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:00 pm

martialgeudin wrote:Vicky,
I made a setting for a dual print of CPE and FLEXFILL. I analyzed it in the preview for the print speeds and the colors of the speeds correspond to what I set up. I will make a print with this settings and let you know.

I noticed that you write "Pre-group settings" and "Pre-layer settings". On the tabs of Ideamaker those tabs are written as "Per-group settings an Per layer settings". What is the correct orthography?

Please choose the "Pre-group Settings" tab under "Group and Layer Settings".
1.png

mtvision

Postby mtvision » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi Vicky.
I have pretty much the same problem but I don't have separate objects which I could pre-group.
I want to print TitanX (ABS-blend) @50mm/s with my left extruder and Helios Support @20mm/s with my second extruder. The Helios support is only been used for dense support structures. I'm going to print huge objects on my Pro2+ and would like to print the other support structures @50mm/s. The time difference will be 18h for my current print. Since I'm a printing service provider I don't have time to spent.
Any way on how to achieve different extrusion speeds for my situation?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:41 am

It is not available in the current ideaMaker.
We will separate the settings from next version.
Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Printing Settings”