Raise 3D Pro 2 Plus Dual Extruder Shift Issue

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
RomainM

Raise 3D Pro 2 Plus Dual Extruder Shift Issue

Postby RomainM » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 am

Hello,

I have a an issue while printing with both extruders on my Pro 2 Plus.

I double checked the IdeaMaker model in order that my part 1 was printed by the left extrduer and my part 2 was printed by the right extruder. The 2 parts are well assembled and there's no shift on either the Gcode or the IdeaMaker model.

But when the printer start printing there's a difference of position between my 2 parts on the x axis of 1 inch.

I dont know if it's a coincidence, but the difference of position of the 2 extruders is 1 inch.

So if anyone can help me out it would make my day.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raise 3D Pro 2 Plus Dual Extruder Shift Issue

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 am

Whether you have chosen N series printer or Pro2 series printer for your printing profile?
Would you like to check the XY offset in touchscreen?

RomainM

Postby RomainM » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Whether you have chosen N series printer or Pro2 series printer for your printing profile?
Would you like to check the XY offset in touchscreen?

I was on the N2plus Dual Settings so now that I changed the printer type I don't have the 25mm offset.

Thank you for your answer.

I still have a small issue while printing with both extruder.
When the right extruder is not supposed to be printing, it leaks a small amount of plastic so at the end the final print is not very clean.

Do you have any idea of what settings I could change to avoid this problem ?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm

WipeWall, WipeTower and Cool down inactive nozzle may can help you issue.

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Pretty much this ^. When dealing with dual extruders on a single print, you should always have a wipe wall enabled. I had mine set to three width layers (one thick doesn't always stay adhered along the Z axis, and two is fine depending on the material). There will always be a little bit of oozing once the layer is done. The towers and walls will ensure anything still stuck to the specific nozzle will be removed once the printer switches back to that nozzle being active.

That doesn't help the interim of oozing right after the active nozzle goes inactive, so to deal with that would be temperature settings along with retraction settings and restart amounts. Just note you don't want to retract by more than 10mm as that could cause material jamming in your nozzle. With restarting amounts (and equivalent setting for stopping early, I forget what it's called properly off hand), you can tell the printer to stop pushing new filament through at <x settable> amount of distance to go before the end of the layer is done. Then you can set a restart amount to feed, so as to keep the wipe wall mostly intact. What you're seeing for oozing there is basically gravity pulling down the melted filament pool inside the nozzle. It's not new material being pushed through. Again though, note that if you stop feeding filament through before the layer is done (even if it's the last 5-10mm worth of distance along the x-y plane), the flow rate will be lower for that tiny distance. So if you're printing super precise intricate parts, a lot of trial and error will be needed to get it just right.

Return to “Printing Settings”