Help with printing PLA-LW by eSUN on Pro2

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
thenoodlecanoodler

Help with printing PLA-LW by eSUN on Pro2

Postby thenoodlecanoodler » Wed May 18, 2022 2:58 pm

I was wondering if anybody had tried printing using PLA-LW on a Pro2, i am having some success, but coming up against a few weird problems.
There is a profile for ideaMaker however it is for the E2 printer and not the Pro2, when i tried using it there were some interesting errors.
As this is a foaming filament which is designed to be used for 3D printing R/C Air craft (Which is what i am doing), i have set the following parameters:

Print Temp 270c (For maximum foaming)
Layer height 0.38mm (throws some errors but is printing well on normal layers)
Width .40mm
Skirt Only (filament has excellent adhesion)
Build Plate temp 55c
print speed 80 mm/s

Essentially, things are printing well right up until the final few layers, at this point something is going wrong causing the print head to collide with the build usually nocking it over.
Mostly this has not caused issues as the top segments of what i am building are just guidance poles, but it is still annoying.

Any advise would be appreciated. I have found lots of guides for other programs and for Cura, however a lot of the naming conventions are different between the software and i am not savvy enough to know how to translate between the programs.

Am happy to provide pictures and the gcode should you want to take a look.

thenoodlecanoodler

Re: Help with printing PLA-LW by eSUN on Pro2

Postby thenoodlecanoodler » Sat May 21, 2022 8:41 am

For anyone reading this who needs help, here are the settings i finally found worked:

For maximum foaming:

Temp 270C
Build Plate 55C
First Layer Flow rate 100%
All other Flow rates 55%
Build Platform No
Infill Variable (mostly 0% but on the odd one 3%)
Layer Height .28
Print Speed 80 mm/s
Width 0.40mm

I have managed to consistently get good prints with this setup, any questions, do let me know.

ZombiePach

Re: Help with printing PLA-LW by eSUN on Pro2

Postby ZombiePach » Sun May 22, 2022 12:17 am

Hello,
I'm no help with the PLA-LW. Interesting looking product. Have you tried the "Profile Iterator"? I've used it with a couple filaments so far and find it helpful to get in the ballpark with some other brands of filament I own.
Good Luck!
https://www.ideamaker.io/iterator-home.html

Return to “Printing Settings”