Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Racing_34
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:34 am

Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Racing_34 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:19 pm

hi guys, i have a full stock pro2 and i tried to print a part using the profile i found on the raise website (https://www.raise3d.com/compatible-filaments/). I used hips as support material, and brim. I also used the magigooo pa glue.

I had a terrible result, seems like retraction are not really dialled in (very hairy and with missing material in some points)
and at some point it simply snapped form the plate

before moving to another certified material (basf o another similar avalible there), what could i expect from the available profiles, or what could i do to improve what i have? i run out the pa cf sample and i have some pa gf (glass fibre) sample, could the profile be adapted or is a totally different beast?
thank you
Attachments
20210709_080045.jpg
20210709_080041.jpg

User avatar
Steven@Raise3D
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:31 am

Racing_34 wrote:hi guys, i have a full stock pro2 and i tried to print a part using the profile i found on the raise website (https://www.raise3d.com/compatible-filaments/). I used hips as support material, and brim. I also used the magigooo pa glue.

I had a terrible result, seems like retraction are not really dialled in (very hairy and with missing material in some points)
and at some point it simply snapped form the plate

before moving to another certified material (basf o another similar avalible there), what could i expect from the available profiles, or what could i do to improve what i have? i run out the pa cf sample and i have some pa gf (glass fibre) sample, could the profile be adapted or is a totally different beast?
thank you


Before you started printing these abrasive materials did you swap the stock brass nozzles for hardened? Also, have you dried this material before printing?

Racing_34
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:34 am

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Racing_34 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello, since i had a 100gr sample i used the stock 0.4 brass nozzle wich was kinda new (around 200 hr of printing abs/petg). I stowed it in a polibox ad the night before printing in a esun dryer

User avatar
Steven@Raise3D
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:20 am

Racing_34 wrote:Hello, since i had a 100gr sample i used the stock 0.4 brass nozzle wich was kinda new (around 200 hr of printing abs/petg). I stowed it in a polibox ad the night before printing in a esun dryer


I would suggest trying to swap your nozzle out with a hardened one. Even printing small amounts of abrasive material through a brass nozzle can drastically change the diameter and cause issues with the extrusion that the nozzle can produce. Also, I would recommend taking a look at the filament manufacturer's recommendations for what size nozzle should be used when printing CF materials. With some CF filled materials, the size of the CF fragments can be larger than a 0,4mm nozzle thus meaning that a larger size nozzle is required to print them properly.

Racing_34
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:34 am

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Racing_34 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:53 pm

on the contrary of other suppliers polymaker doesn't specifically recommend a larger nozzle, but due to wear it strongly recommend an hardened one, but it talks about few hundred grams.. the sample was 100gr

https://cdn-3d.niceshops.com/upload/fil ... N_V1.2.pdf


the profile on the raise website seems like it's made for the 0.4mm nozzle (due to the extrusions width)

https://s1.raise3d.com/2020/03/PolyMide-PA6-CF.bin

User avatar
Steven@Raise3D
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:17 pm

Racing_34 wrote:on the contrary of other suppliers polymaker doesn't specifically recommend a larger nozzle, but due to wear it strongly recommend an hardened one, but it talks about few hundred grams.. the sample was 100gr

https://cdn-3d.niceshops.com/upload/fil ... N_V1.2.pdf


the profile on the raise website seems like it's made for the 0.4mm nozzle (due to the extrusions width)

https://s1.raise3d.com/2020/03/PolyMide-PA6-CF.bin


Yes, based on the extrusion width it looks like the material should be able to be printed with a 0.4mm hardened nozzle. Did the printer have any issues printing other materials? Like simple PLA prints?

Racing_34
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:34 am

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Racing_34 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:55 pm

Hello, there's a chance that those hairs were due some filament oozing from the extruder when the other one was working to print supports.. i have changed the part orientation and enabled the cleaning tower, i'll keep you posted

User avatar
Steven@Raise3D
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: Polymaker polimide pa6 + cf

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 am

Racing_34 wrote:Hello, there's a chance that those hairs were due some filament oozing from the extruder when the other one was working to print supports.. i have changed the part orientation and enabled the cleaning tower, i'll keep you posted


Please let me know when you have an update on the prints. Also just to clarify are you printing the material with some type of support material?


Return to “Printing Settings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests