Profile for Nylon

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
jpson67

Profile for Nylon

Postby jpson67 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Should be nice ta have a Template for Nylon, i have a N1 dual
Anyone out here have a good profile for nylon filaments, i know the basic settings such as No cooling, pva glue on the glasbed, 250/70 temps. But retraction speed and amount, and best printspeed, use brim?

Kevin Nicholas

Re: Profile for Nylon

Postby Kevin Nicholas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

I have created a profile for Nylon. Trouble is the peeling off the bed issue.
I found the best way to do this is to print a PLA platform and print the first layer of the Nylon into the PLA by .2mm or so this way the nylon welds itself to the PLA raft and then it does not peel up.
Not sure how I can add the profile to this message.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Kevin Nicholas wrote:I have created a profile for Nylon. Trouble is the peeling off the bed issue.
I found the best way to do this is to print a PLA platform and print the first layer of the Nylon into the PLA by .2mm or so this way the nylon welds itself to the PLA raft and then it does not peel up.
Not sure how I can add the profile to this message.

You can compress the profile file to be a .zip file and attach into your post.

Kevin Nicholas

Postby Kevin Nicholas » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:33 am

Here is my profile for printing Nylon filament.
The temperature needs to be high all the time to make the layers weld together successfully. Also be aware that I have 100% fill this is because my part is is thin which means the infill needs to be 100%.
If making a larger model I suggest you increase the wall thickness.
As described earlier I printed a 5mm thick disc of PLA let the printer cool down and ensure the disc is well embedded and then print the first layer of your model 0.2mm into the PLA disk this will ensure the first layers of the nylon adhere well to the PLA. I can get multiple prints using the same disk of PLA as long as care is taken when removing the Nylon part as you will have to leave the PLA disc on the printer bed.
So when slicing the Nylon Model ensure it is 4.8mm above the bed so that it will print onto the PLA platform.
Attachments
1.75mm Nylon settings-export.bin
(16.4 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Kevin Nicholas

Postby Kevin Nicholas » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:05 am

Hi Again Thanks to Vicky@Raise3D I went into the Group and Layer settings. and added a Per-Layer setting.
Start Z 4.8mm End Z 5.3mm Layer Height 0.200mm Speed Multiplier 20%
This enabled me to print the first layers of my print onto the 5mm thick PLA disc at a much reduced speed thus allowing the nylon to bond really well into the PLA which holds the print job firmly on the platform with no peeling up or deformation.
I hope this is of some help.
Attachments
1.75mm Nylon settings-export.bin
Revised profile with speed settings
(27.98 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

ibbis

Postby ibbis » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:49 pm

How you do it that the prints starts at 5mm?

Do I understand that corrct? You print a 5mm plate with PLA. After this print is finnished, you start a new print with Nylon. This new print starts at 5mm height?

gmwhitf

Postby gmwhitf » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:16 am

So does the PLA break away from the Nylon after it's finished? Like with other 100% PLA parts?

Can anyone give me a heads up on how Nylon behaves on the new Pro 2 build plate? Does it need special attention also?
Thanks.

Gary

gmwhitf

Postby gmwhitf » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:34 am

What program do you use to open the file?

gmwhitf

Postby gmwhitf » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:19 am

I have been opening *.stl files with ideamaker software (the most current version)
I am a relative newbie

Return to “Printing Settings”