Print Failed... Offset 2" to the left??

Any topics that don't fall into above categories. Please note that your thread may be moved to other discussion boards.
John@Raise3D

Re: Print Failed... Offset 2" to the left??

Postby John@Raise3D » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:52 am

Biggeek wrote:OK? insulation? Where do I get that and how would I go about doing this? My other 4 printers jut work..no taking things apart or wrapping things up??

John@Raise3D wrote:One other thing to do it to rap the heating block with insulation. This can prevent the heat from affecting the prints and cause nozzle striking.

Please refer to this post.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:55 am

Ok. Another 2 weeks to order that stuff and get it on the machine..which is odd I would need to go this and you guys wouldn't ship it like this if it fixes problems??????

John@Raise3D wrote:
Biggeek wrote:OK? insulation? Where do I get that and how would I go about doing this? My other 4 printers jut work..no taking things apart or wrapping things up??

John@Raise3D wrote:One other thing to do it to rap the heating block with insulation. This can prevent the heat from affecting the prints and cause nozzle striking.

Please refer to this post.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:34 am

It is not a mandatory update and it is not a must for the printer also.
It is just one way to eliminate the possible effect from heating block so we can narrow down where the actual cause is.
The problem you have right now is shifting.
Possible reasons for this are in 2 major category.
1. electrical: the stepper driver over-heat, since you have tried print with main electronic box cover open and print PLA and your room temperature is around 20, this can be ruled out.
2. mechanical
loose screw or belt: since you checked and they are all tight, this can be ruled out.
nozzle strike: this could be the actual cause, especially from your recent PM. As suggested in reply to your PM, slow down the print speed, lower the flowrate a little bit(from 94 to 90), make sure the model fan is on, insulate the heating block, all could help to minimize nozzle strike. If you can't do insulation, you can start with other things.

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:42 am

So the answer is to slow the printer down and reduce the flow rate? Its already super slow at standard settings.. why are other peoples printers working fine with standard settings? This is too much work.. I have no time to mess around and spend more money and time on something that clearly should have no problems doing a simple print...

John@Raise3D wrote:It is not a mandatory update and it is not a must for the printer also.
It is just one way to eliminate the possible effect from heating block so we can narrow down where the actual cause is.
1. electrical: the stepper driver over-heat, since you have tried print with main electronic box cover open and print PLA and your room temperature is around 20, this can be ruled out.
2. mechanical
loose screw or belt: since you checked and they are all tight, this can be ruled out.
nozzle strike: this could be the actual cause, especially from your recent PM. As suggested in reply to your PM, slow down the print speed, lower the flowrate a little bit(from 94 to 90), make sure the model fan is on, insulate the heating block, all could help to minimize nozzle strike. If you can't do insulation, you can start with other things.

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 am

Biggeek wrote:So the answer is to slow the printer down and reduce the flow rate? Its already super slow at standard settings.. why are other peoples printers working fine with standard settings? This is too much work.. I have no time to mess around and spend more money and time on something that clearly should have no problems doing a simple print...

John@Raise3D wrote:It is not a mandatory update and it is not a must for the printer also.
2. mechanical

Slow it down is only one of the several possible solutions to the problem you are having. Not that you have to slow it down. Please update th V2 and we can start from there.

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:27 am

As soon as I get the V2 hotend I'll give it a try.

John@Raise3D wrote:
Biggeek wrote:So the answer is to slow the printer down and reduce the flow rate? Its already super slow at standard settings.. why are other peoples printers working fine with standard settings? This is too much work.. I have no time to mess around and spend more money and time on something that clearly should have no problems doing a simple print...

2. mechanical

Slow it down is only one of the several possible solutions to the problem you are having. Not that you have to slow it down. Please update th V2 and we can start from there.

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Wed May 04, 2016 1:03 am

I just got my V2 hotend.. so I will try to get it on the machine this weekend.. but still no coupler.. I'm assuming this is still going to be a problem...broken coupler..

Can someone please send me one?? Its been almost a month since that was supposed to be sent to me?

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Wed May 04, 2016 2:02 am

Biggeek wrote:I just got my V2 hotend.. so I will try to get it on the machine this weekend.. but still no coupler.. I'm assuming this is still going to be a problem...broken coupler..

Can someone please send me one?? Its been almost a month since that was supposed to be sent to me?

After you install the V2 hot end, I would like to call you on the phone to sort out this issue. Please PM me the best time and number to reach you. Thanks.

Biggeek

Postby Biggeek » Wed May 04, 2016 2:23 am

Umm...don't think a call is going to help when I don't have a coupler that works. I need all the parts...not broken and working before you call to talk about it?
John@Raise3D wrote:
Biggeek wrote:I just got my V2 hotend.. so I will try to get it on the machine this weekend.. but still no coupler.. I'm assuming this is still going to be a problem...broken coupler..

After you install the V2 hot end, I would like to call you on the phone to sort out this issue. Please PM me the best time and number to reach you. Thanks.

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Wed May 04, 2016 2:52 am

Biggeek wrote:Umm...don't think a call is going to help when I don't have a coupler that works. I need all the parts...not broken and working before you call to talk about it?
John@Raise3D wrote:

Just try to figure all possibilities so we can send you all the parts altogether.

Return to “Others”