IdeaMaker feature requests

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
GamefanaticR3D

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby GamefanaticR3D » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:38 am

I would very much like ideaMaker to support more than 2 tools. It's my slicer of choice and have to move to other options to support my 3rd and 4th, etc tools.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 am

It is under developing now. We are planning to get it ready to release between Q3-Q4.

sp2001

Postby sp2001 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:57 pm

It would be possible to have a parameter to define the height of skirt ? I've seen that I can change the number of line but expecially printing at 0.1 it can become very difficult to remove from the bed, other sw allow to specify not only the number of line but also the height for example to 2 or 3 making much easy to remove it at the end.
tnx in advance

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 am

Does you mean how many skirt layers?
It only generates one layer of skirt.
If you modify the first layer thickness, it will increase the thickness of Skirt too.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Sun May 23, 2021 11:46 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Does you mean how many skirt layers?

yes

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:It only generates one layer of skirt.

exactly, and we want to create it more, than one

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:If you modify the first layer thickness, it will increase the thickness of Skirt too.

but one layer on powder pei its not best option (even 0.3mm)

Btw, the same option should be for brim :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 25, 2021 2:42 am

Thanks for your suggestions!
We will add Skirt and Brim layers into future versions.

thitcher

Postby thitcher » Wed May 26, 2021 6:38 am

I also have a few suggestions:

1 - it would be nice if it were possible to change the used filament nozzle within the filling, so that the need for a wiper tower or a wiper wall is obsolete
2 - Is it possible to add the option of different platform additions per model? (e.g. model 1 = skirt, model 2 = brim)?
3 - Ability to exclude print areas on the fly (if you print multiple items and one of them fails, you can mark the area of ​​the item and exclude it from printing so that the rest of the models can be printed well without spaghetti -> something like that Octoprint plugin "Exclude region" -> https://plugins.octoprint.org/plugins/excluderegion/
4 - Please shorten some of the German translations, some are too long for the "Prepare slice" window. Due to the long translation, the values ​​that can be edited are hidden and if you want to see them the window will be too big.
5 - Window setting for "Prepare slice" is reset after a restart, can this be fixed?
6 - the German translation should be edited again, the technical terms such as "skirt, brim, ooze, etc. should not be translated into German, nobody understands that who has already worked with a slicer.
7 - the "remote connection" window can not be used if there is another window open in IdeaMaker, I use two screens, screen 1 is IdeaMaker, screen two shows the connection window, if I edit a template on screen one, the temperature or other thing can not be edited
Attachments
german_translate.png
german_translate 2.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 27, 2021 4:23 am

1. Already added into devloping list.
2. Already added into devloping list.
3. Not using some printing area sounds like a setting in printer. In ideaMaker from version 3.4.1, there's a feature called Cancel Object.
https://plugins.octoprint.org/plugins/cancelobject/
https://www.raise3d.com/news/ideamaker- ... ase-notes/
4. Will forward your suggestion to EU team to review.
5. We will add this feature into futuer versions.
6. Will forward your suggestion to EU team to review.
7. When there are mutiple windows in Windows system, only one of them will be focused on at the same time which eans only one active window will be on top. When editing the focus, only one of the windows will respond to the keyboard.

Terje

Postby Terje » Sun May 30, 2021 7:59 am

I wish it was easier to adjust the seam position on the Ideamaker slicer, and easier to see the seam in the preview.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:36 pm

Terje wrote:I wish it was easier to adjust the seam position on the Ideamaker slicer, and easier to see the seam in the preview.

We have added adding Seam into Preview in developing list, as well as paint Start points directly on model.

Terje

Postby Terje » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:26 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Terje wrote:I wish it was easier to adjust the seam position on the Ideamaker slicer, and easier to see the seam in the preview.

We have added adding Seam into Preview in developing list, as well as paint Start points directly on model.

Thanks Vicky,
That sounds great, se forward to that feature.

DeX

Postby DeX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:43 am

What a great topic I started =)
Hi there!

- I miss the depth of the zoom. I would like a smoother view in macro view. try it! it is not comfort. there is not enough zoom when placing the supports.
- I would like, I said three times already=), that PIVOT would move to the selected object or, of course, the center of the selected models ...
- the drop-down menu "upload or save or cloud" should disappear (I think) when you click past it, to an empty screen (now it hangs like that)
- may the IM shows the gcode to the layers? like only support type, only single extrusion, supports and brims and so on ?
- the touchscreen really lacks showing how much time has passed since the end of printing
- you can somehow do so that the heating of the nozzle and the table ends at the same time. now the hot nozzle stands, flows and waits for the table to warm up.
- Why, by default, the models in the IM are located along Y in length and not along X, what is the reason ?!
- support needs to be strengthened as they grow. Other slicers seem to have this, I don't know for sure. But I know for sure that lonely supports have to be glued with a 3D pen ...

- BUT the first thing you need to do is to load the entire project, all settings from the idea file when you open it. And then when you click SLICE you go to the template from this file and edit setting.
you opened a project, continue it .. but you don’t remember how you print it! = (

-can you add the ability to select many profiles and delete them instead of one at a time ?!
because of the large number of profiles, I need a search by name and in different materials at once! Well, you can think of sorting .. by the size of the nozzle, by the height of the layer? why not =)

WOW I just found it!! you already did it ha-ha
wow)lol.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:27 pm

1. We will check how to optimize this feature in future versions. We are looking for a more smarter way to zoom.
2. The request has been added into developing list.
3. It is designed for helping users to quick locate the option they may need.
4. From version 4.1, ideaMaker already have added this feature.
5. Would you like to advise more information about the reason why you need this feature?
6. You can select the option of heating the heated bed up first then nozzles.
Screenshot_20210610112340.png

7. Would you like give more information?
8. You are looking for generating support via Painting certain section of the model or use mouse to draw the supports out?
9. The request has already been added into developing list. But due to this change the other slicing settings and printer settings interfaces will also need to adjust so it will take a while to achieve.

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:32 pm

Separate axis movement speed for raft.

When not extruding filament the X/Y and Z axis travel speeds are used.
However they apply to the raft layers, this can result in the first raft layer being placed at around 10mm/s then the extruder moves to the next location at the X/Y speed.
As the default X\Y speed is 100mm/s, this can result in the filament that was just extruded being pulled before it can set completely, which means a corner or section of the raft will be higher than the rest of the layer.

This can be resolved by having a separate X/Y speed setting for the raft or by having the X/Y speed during the raft match the raft layer speed.
My archive of models, textures, animations, audio etc https://tinyurl.com/09williamsadlinks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:03 am

The speed Gcode output from slicer is the moving speed. The acceleration and targe speed for each axis are controlled by motion board firmware.

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:27 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The speed Gcode output from slicer is the moving speed. The acceleration and targe speed for each axis are controlled by motion board firmware.

Sorry, I must have not been clear.

In IdeaMaker under the "Speed" tab, the X/Y and Z movement speed when not extruding filament can be set.
This speed applies to the raft, so that once a layer of the raft is done and the extruder moves to the next layer start point, it uses the X/Y speed, which defaults to 100mm/s.
If the raft does not have any holes or is a simple shape, then this should not be an issue, as the layer start and end points should be very close.

But if the raft does have holes or the next extrusion point is not next to the current, then this can result in filament being extruded at the raft speed, then the extruder moving at the X/Y speed.
As the X/Y speed is normally a lot higher than the raft speed, this can result in the filament that was just extruded being pulled before it fully sets on the base.
See this video for an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRK_n_WFuG0
Changing the temperature and reducing the nozzle distance to the build surface has little effect on this issue.

Having a seperate XY speed for the raft or using the raft speed for XY during the raft printing stage can resolve this issue.
Attachments
Travel speed.PNG
Travel speed.PNG (3.62 KiB) Viewed 559 times
My archive of models, textures, animations, audio etc https://tinyurl.com/09williamsadlinks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 pm

09williamsad wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The speed Gcode output from slicer is the moving speed. The acceleration and targe speed for each axis are controlled by motion board firmware.

Sorry, I must have not been clear.

In IdeaMaker under the "Speed" tab, the X/Y and Z movement speed when not extruding filament can be set.
This speed applies to the raft, so that once a layer of the raft is done and the extruder moves to the next layer start point, it uses the X/Y speed, which defaults to 100mm/s.
If the raft does not have any holes or is a simple shape, then this should not be an issue, as the layer start and end points should be very close.

But if the raft does have holes or the next extrusion point is not next to the current, then this can result in filament being extruded at the raft speed, then the extruder moving at the X/Y speed.
As the X/Y speed is normally a lot higher than the raft speed, this can result in the filament that was just extruded being pulled before it fully sets on the base.
See this video for an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRK_n_WFuG0
Changing the temperature and reducing the nozzle distance to the build surface has little effect on this issue.

Having a seperate XY speed for the raft or using the raft speed for XY during the raft printing stage can resolve this issue.

Thanks for further explanation. We will add your request into developing list for future versions.

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:11 am

Can you add volumetric speed as option? It will be very helpful especially with auto adjusted layer high and nozzle size bigger than stock 0.4mm...

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:58 am

The request has been added into developing list.

DLS79

Postby DLS79 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:36 pm

@Vicky

is there any word on monotonic as an infill option?

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”