IdeaMaker feature requests

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:19 am

The feature is under developing.

Quentin123

Postby Quentin123 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:39 pm

Can you add the creation of several extruders for special printer :roll: . 6 extruder would be perfect. thank you for your attention

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:54 am

Multiple extruder is on our developing list.

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:16 pm

Retractions per second limit.

An option to slow retraction speed and or printing speed, to avoid too many retractions in a given period.
For example if the a model is being printed that has a lot of small details resulting in a lot of retraction, then slow down the retraction and or printing speed to reduce how frequent retractions are.

This is to counteract a design flaw with the Pro2, in that if it is retracting too frequently then the feeder can cut or grind the filament to such an extent that it jams itself.
This has occured with the Standard and Speed templates, but not High Quality and Ultra High Quality.

Recently my Pro2 was sent for repair as this jamming issue was misidentified as heat creep and filament swelling, the 3DGBIRE technicians found it to be a retraction issue.

Here is a segment of the email chain between myself and a 3DGBIRE support agent detailing the issue:

Support Agent: "The amount of retractions that are in these geometries along with short tool paths would definitely result in these kinds of failures. If there are a large number of retractions on a particular length of material it will weaken the material and result in the feeder cutting in to the material and then causing it to cause a blockage."

Me: "Which settings would cause this issue?
For example what is the difference between the High Quality and Standard templates that determine the number of retractions along short tool paths?"

Agent: "The number of retractions is the same, its more the speed of the printhead which causes the time between each retraction to be shorter and increases the chances for filament jams."

Me "Did the technician provide any information on how many retractions in a given period would cause the issue?
For example, more than 2 retractions a second will cause the issue."

Agent: "We believe its 3-4 retractions a second can cause the jamming issue."
My archive of models, textures, animations, audio etc https://tinyurl.com/09williamsadlinks

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:33 am

Hi William,
when I read Your message I think of Yesterday, I had the same problem, but I have solved them for myself.
I have some text very small to print in a rectangle 50x10 mm and to minimize stringing I have increased retraction.
After some minutes that Raise print text, there were some noises on the mechanism to push the filament.
I have stopped print and I have tried to unload filament that was blocked inside.
Good luck, the filament was blocked just before the sensor and was not broken.
I have taken apart the filament sensor and everything was resolved without consequences.
It was my fault, too much retraction it's dangerous for our Raise; the problem it's not how much retraction/second but if the filament makes up and down on the same segment: this is dangerous.
In that case, this can damage the filament, doesn't go down and You can have clogged with the filament broke in the upper of the extruder.
And the speed in my case was really low to print text but the retraction was In every case really too much.

https://flic.kr/p/2mcdvvb

https://flic.kr/p/2mckY2k

https://flic.kr/p/2mcno2d

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Saperusa wrote:Hi William,
when I read Your message I think of Yesterday, I had the same problem, but I have solved them for myself.
I have some text very small to print in a rectangle 50x10 mm and to minimize stringing I have increased retraction.
After some minutes that Raise print text, there were some noises on the mechanism to push the filament.
I have stopped print and I have tried to unload filament that was blocked inside.
Good luck, the filament was blocked just before the sensor and was not broken.
I have taken apart the filament sensor and everything was resolved without consequences.
It was my fault, too much retraction it's dangerous for our Raise; the problem it's not how much retraction/second but if the filament makes up and down on the same segment: this is dangerous.
In that case, this can damage the filament, doesn't go down and You can have clogged with the filament broke in the upper of the extruder.
And the speed in my case was really low to print text but the retraction was In every case really too much.

https://flic.kr/p/2mcdvvb

https://flic.kr/p/2mckY2k

https://flic.kr/p/2mcno2d

"but I have solved them for myself."
So how did you solve the issue?, from what I understand this seems to be a design flaw.
My archive of models, textures, animations, audio etc https://tinyurl.com/09williamsadlinks

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:54 am

Hi William,
the problem is caused from my fault
1) too much retraction on PLA
2) the filament used for text was only 0.1g and so this retraction "worked" always in some cm of filament damaged it.

The good news was that when I have listened to the noise I have stopped immediately print and try to unload filament.
The filament (lucky) start to pull up because the mechanic's load was bypassed the part damaged of filament.
When I have felt the filament blocked I removed the spring screw on the level arm and after have seen that there was no filament I started to remove the filament sensor.
The filament was blocked with a clog just before the sensor and it was sufficient to cut the clog and remove the filament inside.
After the sensor was positioned properly I used Dynapurge filament to clean the residues of pla inside the nozzle and restart with a clean situation inside the extruder.
I don't know where it was blocked in your case the filament, but if You have not stopped immediately print after the first noise I think You have broken the filament between the extruder and the extruder carrier.
In Raise Academy is very well explained how to disassemble that part to take the part of filament broken after the extruder carrier.

Sandro

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:21 am

We will add some options in ideaMaker to limit the amount of retractions.
Besides that, there are already some options in ideaMaker to decrease retraction. You can modify some of them as long as the print result

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:00 am

Hi Vicky,
could be useful to know, how is the range of retraction with different material.
Example PLA: 0.5-2 mm
TPU 1.5-3 ecc
ABS
ASA

I have made my profiles for every material and as You know can (must) change with print geometry but it's better to know BEFORE how much we can arrive with retraction.

Sandro

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:52 pm

You can find more information about different filaments under https://www.ideamaker.io/materials-guide.html
There are also available printing templates for different filaments on www.ideamaker.io which a be a good reference to start adjusting when you have a new filament on hand.

TaterMay

Postby TaterMay » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:24 pm

09williamsad wrote:
"but I have solved them for myself."
So how did you solve the issue?, from what I understand this seems to be a design flaw.

What exactly are you saying is flawed with the design of the printer and/or software?

There are tons of retraction settings in Ideamaker... Which ones you need to use will vary depending on the geometry of the part you are printing. Did you try adjusting some of the retraction settings before sending your printer to a 3rd party?

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 pm

TaterMay wrote:
09williamsad wrote:So how did you solve the issue?, from what I understand this seems to be a design flaw.

What exactly are you saying is flawed with the design of the printer and/or software?

There are tons of retraction settings in Ideamaker... Which ones you need to use will vary depending on the geometry of the part you are printing. Did you try adjusting some of the retraction settings before sending your printer to a 3rd party?

I tried the default settings with tweaks for speeds and retraction reduction, I did not have any luck.
I say it is a design flaw becuase a printer cutting its own filament with the default settings does not seem like correct operation to me.
The 3rd party is 3DGBIRE, which are the Raise3D point of contact for warranty service in the UK.

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:29 am

Hi William,
what material's filament are You use for this printer? PLA?

S.

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:25 am

what material's filament are You use for this printer? PLA?

S.

PLA, the issue occured with a Raise3D, Makerbot and RS Pro brands.
Less with Raise3D filament, its more resistant to snapping when bended, so I suspect it is more durable than the other 2.

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:30 am

Hi William,
try Polimaker Polymax PLA can be Your solution for having a good print that minimizes stringing.
I work with five different PLA (Raise, Bigrep Hi-Temp, Polymaker Terra, Polymax PLA and Colour Fab Laser Marking); I have to make samples using different PLA to see where text is print with a few stringing and Polymaker I think for this goal is better.

S.

09williamsad

Postby 09williamsad » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 am

try Polimaker Polymax PLA can be Your solution for having a good print that minimizes stringing.
I work with five different PLA (Raise, Bigrep Hi-Temp, Polymaker Terra, Polymax PLA and Colour Fab Laser Marking); I have to make samples using different PLA to see where text is print with a few stringing and Polymaker I think for this goal is better.
S.

Jamming has occurred with prints that do not have small details, so I do not think it is a material issue.

DeX

Postby DeX » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:13 am

shoall.png
shoall.png (10.64 KiB) Viewed 1740 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:00 am

Would you like to advise more details about under what situation hide all will be helpful?

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:50 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to advise more details about under what situation hide all will be helpful?

to clear selection and easily select only the one or more options in structures to fast see what we really want (for example only supports) :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:14 pm

Thanks for yoru suggestions! We will discuss how to optimize the interface to achieve this.

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”