Heat all elements at the same time

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
JohnSays

Heat all elements at the same time

Postby JohnSays » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:27 pm

It would save time to allow:

1) Heat both extruders and the build plate at the same time rather than one at a time. Right now I manually heat the extruders and the build plate before loading a print job to save time waiting for the printer to start printing. Occasionally I forget and then stand there and wait for the heating to finish. I would much prefer that the printer heat all the elements at once -- it is not too many watts.

2) Allow the cancelling of a print before the heating is finished. Today, I saw that the wrong extruder was heating and tried to cancel the print, but of course, I had to wait for the wrong extruder to finish heating before the job would cancel.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Heat all elements at the same time

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:40 am

1. Left, right nozzle and heating bed are starting heating at the same time when you start a print. Only the display has sequence. It shows left first, then right, then heating bed. That why when left nozzle reaches to the set temperature, the right temperature will jump from 30 something suddenly to over 100.
We will fix the display sequence later.

2. If you are using the latest touchscreen firmware, there is an option names as "Using Fast Stop" in more setting. Enable it and try stop when preheating again. It will be faster.

4.png

5.png

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Very cool. Thanks.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Here is an idea: When any of the software changes, send batch emails to your users to let them know. I didn't know that the firmware had been reverted to 1.1.1. I have been running 1.1.4 and getting a bunch of hardware error bugs.
- John

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:27 am

We will open an upgrade checking on touchscreen. As long as your printer has been connected to Internet and your touchscreen firmware version is higher than 0.7.. We will notice you that there is a newer firmware version released. You can choose upgrade or not by yourself. It will only be a notice.
Last edited by Vicky@Raise3D on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Excellent!
- John

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:59 am

I would highly suggest you reword that. You better NOT be pushing firmware or advertisement to any open machine on the internet.

I'm praying you meant:
The LCD firmware application can check a known server hosted on the internet for an update and notify the user if an update is available and then the user can decide to download and install said update. It's not a push, it's a pull. Again, the info is simply a server side advertisement and the printer is polling that website and displays the info to the user if it can reach it.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:09 am

The reason why that phrasing and actual access is so critical is trust. While I trust Raise 3D, if you can push to a machine, that implies you have a backdoor on every machine when connected on a network. For those printing commercial or confidential prints, you don't want anybody but you with access to your printer as the gcode files are just sitting there.

Zkronk

Postby Zkronk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:16 pm

And a another problem with Raise3D pushing out new firmware to our printers could be that one little bug can make all printers stop working. It's better to let someone else try out the latest firmware first if you can't afford downtime on the printer, and then upgrade at a later point ;)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Jetguy wrote:I would highly suggest you reword that. You better NOT be pushing firmware or advertisement to any open machine on the internet.

I'm praying you meant:
The LCD firmware application can check a known server hosted on the internet for an update and notify the user if an update is available and then the user can decide to download and install said update. It's not a push, it's a pull. Again, the info is simply a server side advertisement and the printer is polling that website and displays the info to the user if it can reach it.

Thanks for notice. Edited. It will not be compulsive. Just a notice of newer version released.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Zkronk wrote:And a another problem with Raise3D pushing out new firmware to our printers could be that one little bug can make all printers stop working. It's better to let someone else try out the latest firmware first if you can't afford downtime on the printer, and then upgrade at a later point ;)

It will just be a notice on your screen. And you still need to decide whether you want to upgrade or not and download from website and flashing the printer. All the current functions on screen will not be closed. You can still use the screen without upgrade.

obfuscated

Postby obfuscated » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:1. Left, right nozzle and heating bed are starting heating at the same time when you start a print. Only the display has sequence. It shows left first, then right, then heating bed. That why when left nozzle reaches to the set temperature, the right temperature will jump from 30 something suddenly to over 100.
We will fix the display sequence later.

It would be nice if all three display updated the target goal temp right away so you don't have to wait for the sequence just to verify that temp goal is what you want.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:49 am

We are trying to upgrade both the screen and motion board's firmware to check whether we can realize this function.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”