Allow stopping a print during heating

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
JohnSays

Allow stopping a print during heating

Postby JohnSays » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:08 pm

As it is, pressing the stop icon will not stop a process until the process it is on is finished. In this case heating the extruders and bed. Now I can see that there might be a coding restriction where the Linux interface cannot exercise control over the hardware firmware until control is returned to Linux. I've seen that in many API calls where once I give control to an external process I cannot get it back until that process completes or errors out. But just in case that is not the case...<g> Of course, if you control the firmware then can't it be made to look for an exception?
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Zettlinger

Re: Allow stopping a print during heating

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:12 pm

The display hands the code to the controller board, this is put in a queue (as you already suspected) and normally can not be interrupted easily

They are trying to make it stop faster not sure its already in the latest FW (keep an eye on both firmwares)

JohnSays

Re: Allow stopping a print during heating

Postby JohnSays » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:31 am

Thanks

Note 8/16/2016: This feature was added and works.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”