Export/Import IdeaMaker Templates in a Universal Format

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
chrisgr99

Export/Import IdeaMaker Templates in a Universal Format

Postby chrisgr99 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:47 pm

The Ideamaker template management user interface is confusing and not really sufficient to manage many templates with special settings for many models, possibly on more than one pinter.

It would be great to have the option to export and import templates in a standard format like XML, JSON or even Excel.

Then others could import them into a database or even create their own tool for managing templates. We might even be able to get an open source project going for a template management tool.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Export/Import IdeaMaker Templates in a Universal Format

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 am

Would you like to advise more information about the parts make you feel confused or not efficient when using template management in ideaMaker?

chrisgr99

Postby chrisgr99 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 pm

There are many issues but the most important requirement is that me and my partner (who is in another country) need a way to send a model and a related group of print settings to be printed on the other person's printer. We both have Raise3D Pro2 printers. We have numerous parts we are developing, each part to be printed with a specific type of filament, possibly with very specific print settings for that part and that filament, and possibly changes of settings at a given layer.

What should be sent to the other person so that they can load the necessary filament into one or both extruders, import the settings, and print a given part so it comes out the same? What files should be saved and sent? How should they be imported into Ideamaker at the other end?

A related problem is that the "Compare" option for templates shows the differences between templates, of which there could be many, but doesn't allow the templates to be edited at that time. So if changes are necessary during a compare it's necessary to remember them and then go into Edit mode to make the changes. It would be great if editing were allowed in the compare view. (Maybe double click on an item to edit it.) Alternatively it would be great to be able to print the comparison, or copy the complete comparison table to the clipboard so it could be saved for viewing while editing the template.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:34 am

All the settings including Per-group, Per-layer and settings in main template, filament tempalte and printer template are all save in .data file. You don't have to import filaments one by one. You can use .data to import your settings to restore all the settings and templates you select when slicing this print.
Editing Compare has already been added into developing list.

MBellahcene

Postby MBellahcene » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:47 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:All the settings including Per-group, Per-layer and settings in main template, filament tempalte and printer template are all save in .data file. You don't have to import filaments one by one. You can use .data to import your settings to restore all the settings and templates you select when slicing this print.

Hi,

I didn't know about that.
Thanks !

I agree with Chris, something like JSON would be really nice.

For example there is no start and end GCode at printer's level.
Using JSON it would be really easy to copy the same start or end gcode to all my templates using a script.

Another use-case :
I used IdeaMaker 4.2.2 and the 4.2.3 adds 4 monotonic settings that are disabled by default.
Using a script It would be really easy add those 4 settings to all my templates.

And for R&D purpose it might be easier to proceed by rules like the Raise3D template generator do.

Regards

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:50 am

We have plans on adding different format in future versions.
Monotonic is still under testing, so we havent added into Advanced Settings yet. Users can enable it from the Prepare to slice panel on left for the moment.

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”