Gradient infill

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Dreetie84

Gradient infill

Postby Dreetie84 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 am

Hi, I just noticed the new youtube video from CnCKitchen where he shows gradient infill. Sould this be an option that can be put in Ideamaker? The python script is available on his github page. youtube link

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Gradient infill

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:04 am

There is an option called adaptive infill from version 3.5. You can get more information from the following link: https://support.raise3d.com/ideaMaker/5 ... 5-438.html

Dreetie84

Postby Dreetie84 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Yes I know Vicky and I use the feature, but as I understand gradient infill is something different. If for example you set infill to 25% in gradient infill it will start at 100% near the shells for each layer and gradually decrease to 25 % near the center of the part. Adaptive infill as I comprehend has influence on the toplayers.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Adaptive Infill is not totally same as what's shown in your video. But adjusting infill gradiently is not easy to control the flowrate. We haven't found a way to achieve it without affecting print result.

Patronus

Postby Patronus » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:53 pm

I also saw this video and thought it was a brilliant idea. I'd be very interested in this feature since my prints are all destined for end-use where I need the maximum strength per gram of material. I can imagine it's difficult to implement especially in 3 dimensions and may cause some artifacts but Vicky please ask the developers to keep looking for a way bring this feature to IM.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 am

Looks like what shows in video is also using 2 dimensions to do the calculation. Because all the density are calculated by layer or related to the other directions.
From what we can see from this video, the pressure of extrusion will be very hard to control with adative flowrate adjustemnt shown in the video. There are a lot over-extrusion on the final model. We would recommend to use the Adative Infill in ideaMaker at the moment.
We will try to figure out how to improve the strength of the final result in 3 dimensions.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”