Swap filaments / extruder before printing

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
atelieroechsli

Swap filaments / extruder before printing

Postby atelieroechsli » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:51 am

Scenario: we have several files stored in the printer to be able to print some models on request easily. Most of these models do only use one printhead – the left one. Sometimes it is necessary to switch to the other extruder. In example: if you have different colors in the left or right extruder or we have installed a wider nozzle for larger objects on one printhead so the file does not match or if you cannot use the left head due to a jam and you do not have time to remove it etc. etc.

Solution: today I have to start the laptop, find the right Idea file, change all extruders to the other side, slice it (go back, because I forgot to switch the extruder for the model ;), slice it again), send it to the printer via network and start working.

That is not perfect because it needs more time, you need the double space in your printer and you have twice models stored that makes it more difficult to find them in the overview window.

I would like to have the following option: Swap Printheads before printing. If I select a model at the RaiseTouch Panel, I can select "print". I would like to have a kind of "expert" options so I can tell the printer "use the other printhead". In my case: use the right one instead of the left. That would be very helpful!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Swap filaments / extruder before printing

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:09 am

Thanks for your suggestions! Will forward to developing team.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”