Adaptive layer speed

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
seattleprinting

Adaptive layer speed

Postby seattleprinting » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 pm

I love the new adaptive layer height that was introduced in the 3.4 beta. One feature that I would like to have added is being able to adapt the speed to the layer height. If you give it a layer height spread of .1 - .25, with a .5 step, you should be able to specify a perimeter speed spread to go along with it (30-60 for example.) For the ultimate control you could specify an extruder heat spread too (200 to 212 as another example.)

This would allow a great balance of speed and quality. Right now I have to keep the speed lowered to match the quality I'm looking for on the most detailed portion of the print. If I could double the speed on the thicker layers where I'm not as concerned about artifacts showing up it would take another big chunk out of the overall print times.

Neil

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Adaptive layer speed

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks for your comments.
We will consider to add volumetric speed under filament settings. As different filaments may have temperature settings. Although increasing temperature can have increase the mac volumetric speed, but over-heating may also cause some other issues. So it might be better to have filament own volumetric speed.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”