Front panel UI software

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Andy Cohen

Front panel UI software

Postby Andy Cohen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:12 pm

At a number of shows Edward stated on mic that the entire design for the R3D machines will be open source. Does that mean you guys will soon make the code for the Android front panel available???

Derek@Raise3D
Site Admin

Re: Front panel UI software

Postby Derek@Raise3D » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:44 am

Andy Cohen wrote:At a number of shows Edward stated on mic that the entire design for the R3D machines will be open source. Does that mean you guys will soon make the code for the Android front panel available???

Andy, I am not sure what's Edward's statement words.There might be some misunderstanding. I think he is pointing to the firmware.N series are partly open source machine. Let me clarify the boundaries as we declared in KS page:
1. Motion board firmware is fully open-source.
2. Compilation toolchain and GPIO development document and sample codes to help hackers develop their own stuff on the touch screen.
3. The front panel is running under Linux. The system image will also be available. Someone can also repack it's own version.
=================
Derek@Raise3D.com
I'm a lazy engineer. So I want everything automated.

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:10 am

Derek@Raise3D wrote:
Andy Cohen wrote:At a number of shows Edward stated on mic that the entire design for the R3D machines will be open source. Does that mean you guys will soon make the code for the Android front panel available???

Andy, I am not sure what's Edward's statement words.There might be some misunderstanding. I think he is pointing to the firmware.N series are partly open source machine. Let me clarify the boundaries as we declared in KS page:
2. Compilation toolchain and GPIO development document and sample codes to help hackers develop their own stuff on the touch screen.
3. The front panel is running under Linux. The system image will also be available. Someone can also repack it's own version.

I'm not too sure I understand. So per #2 and #3 the answer would be yes?

Derek@Raise3D
Site Admin

Postby Derek@Raise3D » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:47 am

Andy Cohen wrote:
Derek@Raise3D wrote:

Of coz, it's yes. Just when we finish KS delivery.
=================
Derek@Raise3D.com
I'm a lazy engineer. So I want everything automated.

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:03 am

Derek@Raise3D wrote:
Andy Cohen wrote:
Derek@Raise3D wrote:Andy, I am not sure what's Edward's statement words.There might be some misunderstanding. I think he is pointing to the firmware.N series are partly open source machine. Let me clarify the boundaries as we declared in KS page:

Of coz, it's yes. Just when we finish KS delivery.

Excellent!

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”