My 2 Cents

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
RiserDog

My 2 Cents

Postby RiserDog » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

I gotta say I love my N2+ and it has been more than I expected. One precise and quiet machine. Some small things that would be great if you could add:
• Sounds. Little chirps and sounds when a print is done or when a hot end is finished heating up. Just quickens things up.
• Centered on plate. I know why it prints offset but it would be nice if it prints right to center without any coding or changes.
• Extruder Stepper motor could use a heat sink as it gets very hot. I added one but it is still pretty hot.
• Needs a better extruder grip mechanism. Needs to adjust to the different hardnesses (spell check) of the filament.
:geek: Thanks for a great product that you continue to improve.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: My 2 Cents

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks so much for you support and advise.

So adding a beep sound when project complete is useful for you. Or if it completes at mid-night will it brother you?
    If we put the left nozzle's center at the bed's center, then the right nozzle will be much at the right side. Does the current position trouble you a lot? I mean, if you change code to make the current center to be center, it will lose a lot building size.
    When did you find the motor is really hot? Is it only when enclosed the chamber with high temperature filament? Or it is very hot no matter the chamber is open or closed. Can you advise how hot it will be? Can you put your hands on it?

RiserDog

Postby RiserDog » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Yep I really like the beep sounds when it is finished. The printer is far enough away so I would not hear it in the middle of the night. Even when loading filament it is nice to hear a sound when it is the right temp.

I have a one nozzle printer so I did not consider a 2 nozzle printer.

The extrusion motor gets very hot with the clear cover off. I can touch it for two seconds or so. That doesn't occur for you?

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:26 pm

The motor over heating could be a sign of the voltage being set too high on the stepper driver.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Like I told to the support and Vicky; yes the extrusion motors gets very hot too.
After a while, when printing ABS or so, with the top cover on, it is hot.
" I can touch it for two seconds or so", like you said.

You are having good suggestions. Specially "Needs a better extruder grip mechanism"; for flexibles filaments or PVA.

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Riserdog:

I changed my end code to this :

M104 S0
M140 S0
G91
G1 E-1 F300
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F9000.00
G28 X0 Y0
M190 R40
G0 X150 Y0
M140 S0
M84
G90

It will print normally then wait until the plate is at 40 degrees or lower , move the head to the front-mid of the plate to signal done
After relative silence the moving to the middle makes just enough noise to draw my attention

The normal way was not working for me since i use spray to hold the model and it wont release until the plate is below 40 degrees :)

(there are even tricks to make it play music by moving the motors but its a bit excessive as a signal ;) )

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”