IdeaMaker feature requests

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Stefan J. Trucker

Re: IdeaMaker feature requests

Postby Stefan J. Trucker » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:46 pm

I have spent some more time digging into my issue and I found out, that the funktion fill Gaps in Sheels is mainly where i am referring to.

but as soon as I turned single extrusion filling down to 20% i got the result what I needed :)

edit:

after closer analyses I would like to disable (solid) infill under floating parts, this way the printtime cuts almost in halve

I made a workaround in putting bottom and top solid fill to 1 and added more layers to surface fill. this way i almost get the result i am looking for

Thank you very much
Be creative, be independent, be you!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:46 pm

There are some options realted to small features in ideaMaker.
https://www.ideamaker.io/dictionaryDeta ... name=Layer

bitskrieg

Postby bitskrieg » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:48 pm

Ideamaker has the ability to set per-structure flow rates, which lets you fine-tune exactly how much extrusion is happening across your model. This is in contrast to other slicers that have just one global flow rate setting.

Because of this, I think Ideamaker is the best slicer for use with pellet extruders (which have much more inconsistent flow rates when compared with filament extruders). Pellet extruders (and high-flow filament extruders) often have multiple heaters in a single tool like these:

https://dyzedesign.com/pulsar-pellet-extruder/
https://dyzedesign.com/typhoon-extruder/

I use Ideamaker to slice models for these extruders, and right now I can't set pressure advance or temperature across multiple heaters in a single tool. I can hack it in the start gcode section with something like this (RRF3 + Duet):

Code: Select all

var pulsar_temp={temperature_extruder1} ; get pulsar slicer temp
var pulsar_top_offset=20 ; set upper heater offset
var pulsar_middle_offset=10 ; set middle heater offset
var pulsar_bottom_offset=0 ; set lower heater offset

M568 P0 S{var.pulsar_temp - var.pulsar_top_offset, var.pulsar_temp - var.pulsar_middle_offset, var.pulsar_temp - var.pulsar_bottom_offset}A2 ; Set pulsar temp using M568 and some simple math to apply offsets for other heaters
M140 S{temperature_heatbed} ; set heatbed temp

G21 ; use mm
G90 ; set absolute positioning
M82 ; set absolute extrusion
M106 S0 ; turn off fans
M561 ; clear any bed transform
G28 ; home all axes
G32 ;  check bed tilt
G29 S1 ; load mesh map
G92 E0 ; Reset material counter to 0
T0 ; Select Tool 0
M572 D0 S0.2 ; set PA
M116 S5 ; wait for hotend and bed to reach temperature to 5 degrees
M117 "Printing..."

It would be much nicer if Ideamaker added support in the printer section for configuring tools with multiple heaters as well as the ability to specify pressure advance in filament settings. Also, the ability to escape curly brackets {} inside gcode would also be helpful, because RRF uses {} for expressions, and Ideamaker complains that it doesn't recognize the variable.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:42 pm

Is there any specific feature listed below you are looking for ideaMaker to add?
To add custom start gcode under Printer Settings
To add Pressure advance under Filament Settings
Disable the spelling check for {} placeholder in start gcode, end gcode?

bitskrieg

Postby bitskrieg » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:11 pm

1. Add support for having multiple heaters in an extruder in printer settings, each with their own configurable temperature in slicing settings

2. Pressure advance support

3. The ability to escape {} in the custom gcode section

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 02, 2022 4:28 pm

I have forwarded your requests over to the devloping team.
For the Number 2, the Start GCode currently under Filament Settings -> Custom GCode supports Pressure Advance GCodes.
Image_20220502092735.png

bitskrieg

Postby bitskrieg » Tue May 03, 2022 5:23 pm

Great I'll check that out. Another thing that I just noticed is that the custom gcode fields don't respect leading whitespace:

This:

while iterations < #move.axes ; while current iteration (zero-indexed) is less than number of axes (1-indexed)
  if !move.axes[iterations].homed ; check if axis is not homed
    G28 ; home all axes if above conditional passes
    break; exit loop
  else
    continue; increment and re-evaluate

Gets turned in to this after slicing and exporting the gcode file to disk:

while iterations < #move.axes ; while current iteration (zero-indexed) is less than number of axes (1-indexed)
if !move.axes[iterations].homed ; check if axis is not homed
G28 ; home all axes if above conditional passes
break; exit loop
else
continue; increment and re-evaluate

RRF conditional and loop statements use whitespace to determine logical grouping, similar to python. Stripping out the whitespace means ideamaker can't use RRF logic in custom gcode.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 04, 2022 2:37 am

ideaMaker will remove the White Space and abnormal character in case the errors got exported to GCode file.
We can consider give the users more options to have the abilities to keep these.

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Thu May 12, 2022 10:25 am

I have a request,
when leaving a print often is made by a set of separate prints.
I remove the printed pieces and start again; the point is that it is fine for the nozzle to cool down once finished; it is not okay that the printing bed also does. I need to have the press chamber at constant temperature and you should never stop warming up the printing floor.
You would need an option on the raise touch that allows you to select if once finished printing must keep the bed at temperature or do as usual stop heating.
Until now I have to be very careful when I finish printing to disengage again the temperature of the bed so that when the new print starts the room is at the same temperatureand I don’t have to wait to warm up again.
Could it be added to the raise touch update?
Thanks

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri May 13, 2022 12:42 am

I will go ahead and send your suggestion over to our ideamaker development team to see if they can implement it in future versions of the software.

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Fri May 13, 2022 6:58 pm

Ryan@Raise3D wrote:I will go ahead and send your suggestion over to our ideamaker development team to see if they can implement it in future versions of the software.

Ryan estimates that my way of working on sequential prints without a stop maybe for days in a row is the norm for those who have an activity and not the exception.

S.

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”