Recycleable Spools Please

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
se2013

Recycleable Spools Please

Postby se2013 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:21 pm

We use Raise3d PLA for prototyping our designs. We use a fair amount of it and the empty spools are stacking up. Why? Because virtually no one will accept polystyrene for recycle, so our only option is to continue stacking, or send them to the landfill. :(

I would like to request that Raise3d use paper/fiber spools, or at least a plastic that is more easily recycled. A simple change such as this may add a few cents to the cost, but I am sure customers would be willing to pay it for more environmentally friendly packaging.

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Recycleable Spools Please

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:51 pm

se2013 wrote:We use Raise3d PLA for prototyping our designs. We use a fair amount of it and the empty spools are stacking up. Why? Because virtually no one will accept polystyrene for recycle, so our only option is to continue stacking, or send them to the landfill. :(

I would like to request that Raise3d use paper/fiber spools, or at least a plastic that is more easily recycled. A simple change such as this may add a few cents to the cost, but I am sure customers would be willing to pay it for more environmentally friendly packaging.

I will go ahead and send your feedback to our filament team and hopefully, this is something that can be addressed in the future.

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”