Filament Jam Detection

Raise3D is always listening. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
KR0N05

Filament Jam Detection

Postby KR0N05 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am

On any of your printers, I think it would be trivial to add an encoder onto the bowden tube input (where the filament is located) in order to "count" the forward and backward movement of the filament coming off of the spool. This could also be utilized for a runnout sensor for future iterations, but if the filament is not unwinding after X number of movements calling for plastic feed, it would be safe to assume that a jam has occurred and to pause the print. If your team would like more information as to what I mean by this, please let me know and I can make a diagram.

EraiseR

Re: Filament Jam Detection

Postby EraiseR » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 am

This is an interesting idea, I'd support it.

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 am

https://www.thespaghettidetective.com/#top

That would be a useful feature for the cloud!

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:53 am

I also wish it was an option to set unload and certain temp if it detect a clog.

So if it detect that the filament is not loading while printing it could move the head to the side and unload filament while set nozzle temp to a value for the filament you are using. So petg it could have a temp around glass temp so it stay soft but not burning. Or have the option to set 0c.
This could be set in the menu on the machine so when you load/unload and choose filament type and temp it could have a clog detection temp and behaviour.

Return to “Feature Requests, Ideas, Wishes”