First prints

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
theRenegade

First prints

Postby theRenegade » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Here are some of my first prints with the N2+, mostly objects that could not be printed with the other printers I have.

The green one is printed on another printer it's just for comparison to the abilities (build area) of the N2.

The lamp shades have been to large for the other printers, the rack with it's flat surfaces tends to warp on the other printers.

Having printed almost 10 kilograms of plastic, the statement is: Without doubt, the best printer I had so far.
Did not use the full volume and dual extrusion so far, everything is standard setup except the filament feed mod from Julia without the need to change anything more up to now.

Buildtak is the best surface I had for my prints, the flat bins stuck to it and got hold until the print is finished and releasing the print is easy (different process than with other printers).
Attachments
FirstPrints.png

EL Cuajinais

Re: First prints

Postby EL Cuajinais » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Very cool. That lamp came out great! Welcome aboard!

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Very nice, what filament did you use?

theRenegade

Postby theRenegade » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:34 am

The yellow lamp shade is the PLA that came with the printer, the white one is Verbatim ABS wich turns to a warm yellow color when lighted from the inside with a LED bulb and also prints with a nice texture.

The Zuzanna lamp, rack and bins are printed with an ivory PLA, the labels on the bins are copper imitating PLA.
Both filaments are from a local (Berlin area) manufacturer that also accepts custom color requests (they also produce WillowFlex).

Derek@Raise3D
Site Admin

Postby Derek@Raise3D » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:55 am

Looks so cool!
Never realized Verbatim ABS is a warm yellow tone. I like that color. Wonderful job!
And the ivory PLA looks great too!
=================
Derek@Raise3D.com
I'm a lazy engineer. So I want everything automated.

theRenegade

Postby theRenegade » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks Derek. White Verbatim ABS has a nice matte beige look and when lighted from inside with the cold light of LED bulbs it turns out to be more like yellow.
Attachments
IMG_4557.jpg

Derek@Raise3D
Site Admin

Postby Derek@Raise3D » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Nice! :D From today, you only need to buy light bulbs.
=================
Derek@Raise3D.com
I'm a lazy engineer. So I want everything automated.

Return to “User's Gallery”