Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
WLTalbot

Re: Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Postby WLTalbot » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:46 pm

Brand New V2Pro Plus same issue, only Raise3D branded filament seems to be working, all other filaments I have tried including brands supposedly approved for use in Raise3D printers do NOT work. Same situation not enough cooling above the nozzle. Since this is a new machine I am tempted to send the dang thing back and buy another brand since this has been going on for a long time and NOTHING has been done by Raise3D to fix anything.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 pm

Would you like to list more information about the filament you have issue with? Filament type and brand. If there's anything we have experience using before, we may can give out some suggestions based on our using experience.
And can you tell where the filament is getting jammed or any picture can show the issue will be helpful.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:23 pm

Vicky,

This thread alone started 2 years ago and the issues with the Raise Pro2, you guys keep saying that your tech is investigating the problem, can we please get an estimation on when this will end (2030 maybe!).

You released a new printer and yet you have to resolve the problems people are facing with their machines.

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:13 pm

WLTalbot wrote:Brand New V2Pro Plus same issue, only Raise3D branded filament seems to be working, all other filaments I have tried including brands supposedly approved for use in Raise3D printers do NOT work. Same situation not enough cooling above the nozzle. Since this is a new machine I am tempted to send the dang thing back and buy another brand since this has been going on for a long time and NOTHING has been done by Raise3D to fix anything.

The same problem here. I am annoyed that I did not return the machine immediately.

blackarrow

Postby blackarrow » Sat May 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Vicky/anyone from R3D,
The thermal issues w/ this printer surmount to outright fraud. Have R3D fix the problem now, please.
Thank you

spally

Postby spally » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:49 am

I started to get this exact issue with my N2 Plus when I upgraded to the BondTech extruder. I found the issue more often when using higher temp filaments and even more when I used the top cover. The issue for me was the stepper motor would get very hot and the heat would transfer through the drive shaft, enough to soften the filament at the gears and I would end up with melted plastic before the ptfe tubes. When it was like this, the steppers we too hot to touch more more than a second. To resolve it, I adjusted the voltage down on the stepper motor drivers and now my steppers run warm, never hot, and I haven't had the issue since. As part of the Bontech upgrade you have to drop the voltage to 0.5V but I have gone a touch lower, 4.8V from memory. And I haven't noticed any performance difference due to the lower voltage. I use allot of Polymide CoPA in my machine without any issues, even with the cover on.

dandixon

Postby dandixon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 am

I hated reading this post. In The Same Boat. Was sold this printer based on that it's a professional-grade printer and prints hight temp CF type materials without any issues. Have nothing but problems with jamming. The same goes for printing with PVA as supports. I'm past my 30 days and don't think I can return it.

I'll try your fan mod. Thanks for the insight.

DevLabs

Postby DevLabs » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:59 am

We are having the same exact issue. Very disappointing due to the price of the printer. Will file a trouble ticket.

TaterMay

Postby TaterMay » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:32 pm

blackarrow wrote:Vicky/anyone from R3D,
The thermal issues w/ this printer surmount to outright fraud. Have R3D fix the problem now, please.
Thank you

What thermal issues are you referring to? I have used a Pro 2 Plus nearly daily at my job for about a year now, and the only issues I have encountered are issues every printer I have ever used will have. Mainly some filament absorbing moisture. I can't think of a single issue that I would say has been due to the printer in any way. I am surprised seeing all this, as this has been the best printer for the money I have used. We also have a $250k Fortus 450, and I would use the Pro 2 Plus over it in all but a handful of very specific situations.

Genuinely curious about this, as I also know that FDM printing has a lot of little quirks that users need to understand to get good, consistent prints.

Return to “Hardware”