Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
CYNg

Re: Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Postby CYNg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:46 am

I have honed my maintenance skills after having to clear struck filament every now and then. Unfortunately, this also extend to my E2 ... Clearing struck filament is still ok with me but not being able to use certain brand of filament is really getting on my nerve. Both my Pro 2 and E2 simply refuse to work with Filamentum Extrafill PLA. I have increase the temp, slow down the speed, re sealed the heat break, force ventilation (opening up all the covers, directing fan to the machine and even operate under air conditioning) but to no avail .... Is copper head the solution?

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:02 am

CYNg wrote:I have honed my maintenance skills after having to clear struck filament every now and then. Unfortunately, this also extend to my E2 ... Clearing struck filament is still ok with me but not being able to use certain brand of filament is really getting on my nerve. Both my Pro 2 and E2 simply refuse to work with Filamentum Extrafill PLA. I have increase the temp, slow down the speed, re sealed the heat break, force ventilation (opening up all the covers, directing fan to the machine and even operate under air conditioning) but to no avail .... Is copper head the solution?

I would suggest creating a support ticket so that one of our technical support engineers can better assist you in resolving this issue.

Return to “Hardware”