Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
walleywalker

Re: Extruder Jam and stuck fillament Pro2

Postby walleywalker » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Shelton wrote:Use fan mods.

I am, I have all three of my fan ducts modded with larger openings for cooling.

elzury128

Postby elzury128 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
elzury128 wrote:RAISE3D I have the same exactly issue and is so really annoying. Please let us know if you are working to solve this issue due to apparently is a design problem. I would be able to buy another "feeding system" but you need completely make sure that it would solve the problem. Really the machine is not to bad just need to improve. I bought it for business purposes but I'm kind of disappointed. So please confirm if you would will to solve this problem or not.

Thanks...

Would you like to share us some pictures of the print result with Raise3D Premium PLA? We'd like to help based on the pictures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi VIcky I just want to share that the problem was fixed however I'm not pretty sure what was the solution, so I list the different activities I did:

-Upgrade the 2Pro machine
-Change the left hot assembly by a new one.
-Use the extrusion width on .4mm instead .5mm
-Use the fan mod moving the frontal fan as the community recomend

The final test I did on the left extruder was print a conductive pla piece that I never could since I have the machine. It did it well and now I can print normal PLA and PETG.

Please continue performing your analysis to find the root cause of the problem and please share if the problem was something related with hardware or software and what the Raise community can do to fix it.

Thanks and Regards.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:49 pm

elzury128 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
elzury128 wrote:RAISE3D I have the same exactly issue and is so really annoying. Please let us know if you are working to solve this issue due to apparently is a design problem. I would be able to buy another "feeding system" but you need completely make sure that it would solve the problem. Really the machine is not to bad just need to improve. I bought it for business purposes but I'm kind of disappointed. So please confirm if you would will to solve this problem or not.

Thanks...

Would you like to share us some pictures of the print result with Raise3D Premium PLA? We'd like to help based on the pictures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi VIcky I just want to share that the problem was fixed however I'm not pretty sure what was the solution, so I list the different activities I did:

The final test I did on the left extruder was print a conductive pla piece that I never could since I have the machine. It did it well and now I can print normal PLA and PETG.

Please continue performing your analysis to find the root cause of the problem and please share if the problem was something related with hardware or software and what the Raise community can do to fix it.

Thanks and Regards.

Thanks for your update. I thought the issue might be related to hotend. We do have many some jam cases on Pro2 solved by replacing new hotend.
If any Pro2 owner has extrusion issue and would like share us some pictures of the result with the default PLA spools attached with the printer with the original hotend from the very beginning of use for diagnose, please feel free to contact us at http://help.raise3d.com.

walleywalker

Postby walleywalker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
elzury128 wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

Thanks and Regards.

Thanks for your update. I thought the issue might be related to hotend. We do have many some jam cases on Pro2 solved by replacing new hotend.
If any Pro2 owner has extrusion issue and would like share us some pictures of the result with the default PLA spools attached with the printer with the original hotend from the very beginning of use for diagnose, please feel free to contact us at http://help.raise3d.com.

Is this offer exclusive to jams on with Raise3D PLA only?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:54 pm

walleywalker wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
elzury128 wrote:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and Regards.

Is this offer exclusive to jams on with Raise3D PLA only?

It's not. But if your jam is due to hardware, you must have at least under-extrusion or jam result with our filament as well. Which we are more familiar with what result our filament can reach to help diagnose the issue.

Hussain

Postby Hussain » Mon May 13, 2019 6:34 am

I have a similar nozzle jam on the raise 3d pro 2..

Clog1.JPG

Return to “Hardware”