Adjusting E-steps for the old Bondtech extruder

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
carlosgray

Adjusting E-steps for the old Bondtech extruder

Postby carlosgray » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 am

Apologies if this has been answered already. I am using the older Bondtech extruder (1 x direct drive, 1 x bowden), and I just noticed that Bondtech have updated their instructions to adjust the E-step value. With the new firmware, it's now done directly through the settings menu on the machine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A1ME ... RjZk0/view

Do these instructions apply to the old extruders or is it only for the newer DualDirect extruders?
If it applies to both, I presume that I then need to remove the "M92 E140" line from the Gcode in Ideamaker?
Thanks in advance for the help!

AR_LA

Re: Adjusting E-steps for the old Bondtech extruder

Postby AR_LA » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 pm

The old ones have different steps for left and right. It’s in the big bondtech thread, I also still have a setup from S3D at home so I can find it in a few hours

carlosgray

Postby carlosgray » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 am

Thanks for the response. If the old Bondtech extruder requires different steps for the left and the right, I presume the new instructions only apply to the new "dualdirect" extruder where the two heads have the same steps?

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Perhaps you could ask Bondtech?

firesped

Postby firesped » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I think these instructions are just how to adjust the settings for the Bondtech, the BMG Dual Direct unit directly on the raisetouch touch screen.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

sylus

Postby sylus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:55 am

carlosgray wrote:Apologies if this has been answered already. I am using the older Bondtech extruder (1 x direct drive, 1 x bowden), and I just noticed that Bondtech have updated their instructions to adjust the E-step value. With the new firmware, it's now done directly through the settings menu on the machine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A1ME ... RjZk0/view

Do these instructions apply to the old extruders or is it only for the newer DualDirect extruders?
If it applies to both, I presume that I then need to remove the "M92 E140" line from the Gcode in Ideamaker?
Thanks in advance for the help!

you're right,you could erase this line from start script and change Estep with raisetouch

Return to “Hardware”