2ND Led Light strip and cord

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Noren

Re: 2ND Led Light strip and cord

Postby Noren » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi. Is it possible to order two extra led strips for the N1 as well?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:13 am

Noren wrote:Hi. Is it possible to order two extra led strips for the N1 as well?

We have tried different positions for the second LED strips on N1's frame. Haven't found a perfect position yet. N1's structure is much more compact than N2 and N2 Plus.

checktest

Postby checktest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:41 pm

I used some LED strips from IKEA. They aren't exactly the same light color, but it's nice that I didn't have to mess with the printer's electronics at all as they are on their own power plug and switch.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:41 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Aero3D wrote:Being in the UK it will be darned expensive to have the Raise3D light strip sent here so just wondering if I can use any 12v LED strip. I actually have plenty here (self-adhesive cut to length type) so just wondering if that can be used?

Thanks

The power consumption should not be too high. Or the printer cannot afford. Suggest do not over 12W.

Tried to find the answer via search but didnt come up with exactly my question.

I want to unplug one (or both) LED strips on my N2. When trying to film the print, the LEDs are so bright they blow out the picture. Can I unplug them either at the board or at the strip? If i do, are there dangers/problems?

Thanks

firesped

Postby firesped » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:54 am

I need to replace the stip in mine. half the lights are burnt out. but I can wait for it to be available on the raise store.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 am

NewbPilot wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Aero3D wrote:Being in the UK it will be darned expensive to have the Raise3D light strip sent here so just wondering if I can use any 12v LED strip. I actually have plenty here (self-adhesive cut to length type) so just wondering if that can be used?

Thanks

The power consumption should not be too high. Or the printer cannot afford. Suggest do not over 12W.

Tried to find the answer via search but didnt come up with exactly my question.

I want to unplug one (or both) LED strips on my N2. When trying to film the print, the LEDs are so bright they blow out the picture. Can I unplug them either at the board or at the strip? If i do, are there dangers/problems?

Thanks

It won't damage anything. You can just unplug it at the strip side. There has a connector at one end of the strip. No need to open the electronic box.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 am

firesped wrote:I need to replace the stip in mine. half the lights are burnt out. but I can wait for it to be available on the raise store.

Or mail to us, sales@raise3d.com.

Return to “Hardware”