V2 Hotend Questions

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
firesped

V2 Hotend Questions

Postby firesped » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:13 am

I have some questions on the V2 Hotend and it looks like information on it was not copied from the old forums.

What I do know, is that is does not come with heater or thermocouple

does it come pre-assembled?

does it come with a brass nozzle?

Is it compatible with 3rd party nozzle upgrades?

I thought I had something else but it seems to escape me right now. if anyone else has anything to add, feel free.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Zettlinger

Re: V2 Hotend Questions

Postby Zettlinger » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:30 am

it doesnt come with heater and coupler

I assume it will be assembled (prevents some mistakes i guess but this is something only raise3d can answer for now)

Yes it will be a brass nozzle and no not the same one as on the V1

Jetguy is working with micro swiss to make coated nozzles.....

Jetguy

Deleted

Postby Jetguy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Jetguy on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derek@Raise3D
Site Admin

Postby Derek@Raise3D » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:02 pm

firesped wrote:I have some questions on the V2 Hotend and it looks like information on it was not copied from the old forums.

What I do know, is that is does not come with heater or thermocouple

does it come pre-assembled?

does it come with a brass nozzle?

Is it compatible with 3rd party nozzle upgrades?

I thought I had something else but it seems to escape me right now. if anyone else has anything to add, feel free.

V2 is coming pre-assembled. It includes the whole hotend parts: nozzle throat * 1, heater block * 1, nozzle * 1, heat sink * 1.
We are working with MicroSwiss for hardened version. It has a shape near Mk8 nozzle, but the outter size is different. A mod is needed to apply it the current V2.
=================
Derek@Raise3D.com
I'm a lazy engineer. So I want everything automated.

bwulfe

Postby bwulfe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Any estimates on when V2 Preorders will ship? (SEB N2 Plus backer in USA) Thanks.

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:44 am

We are sending them to US by air next week, if not sooner. Our warehouse in US will ship them out to individuals then.

Thomarann

Postby Thomarann » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:16 am

So I just received my N2 via Kickstarter as an early backer - does this mean my printer has a "V2" nozzle or a "V2 hot end" nozzle?

I am not sure which option to chose in IdeaMaker (ie. Raise N2 option or Raise N2 - V2 Hot End option).

Thanks.

Marc
Marc. N2 Dual

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:52 am

Thomarann wrote:So I just received my N2 via Kickstarter as an early backer - does this mean my printer has a "V2" nozzle or a "V2 hot end" nozzle?

I am not sure which option to chose in IdeaMaker (ie. Raise N2 option or Raise N2 - V2 Hot End option).

Thanks.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Not sure whether the hot ends on yours is V2 or V1, but it is easy to identify it yourself.

Check whether there is a a thin slice on your throat tube which fixes it to the heater block with two cap head screws. If yes, then it is V1. The attached picture is V1 without heat sink.

And you can check the heat sink as well. Count there are the quantity of cooling sheets on it. If there are 6 sheets, the the heat sink is V1. If there are 7 sheets, then the heat sink is V2.

If you are not sure, you can share pictures of your hot end here. We can help you to identify it.
Attachments
_20160412103854.png
V1 hot end

Thomarann

Postby Thomarann » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:14 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Thomarann wrote:So I just received my N2 via Kickstarter as an early backer - does this mean my printer has a "V2" nozzle or a "V2 hot end" nozzle?

Thanks.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Not sure whether the hot ends on yours is V2 or V1, but it is easy to identify it yourself.

Check whether there is a a thin slice on your throat tube which fixes it to the heater block with two cap head screws. If yes, then it is V1. The attached picture is V1 without heat sink.

And you can check the heat sink as well. Count there are the quantity of cooling sheets on it. If there are 6 sheets, the the heat sink is V1. If there are 7 sheets, then the heat sink is V2.

If you are not sure, you can share pictures of your hot end here. We can help you to identify it.

I counted 6 cooling sheets so must be a V1.

Thank you very much.

Marc
Marc. N2 Dual

Return to “Hardware”