Spare parts

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
JohnSays

Spare parts

Postby JohnSays » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:42 pm

What are the most prudent spare parts to keep on-hand for the N2? I'm thinking a fan and nozzle at the least.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Zettlinger

Re: Spare parts

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:08 am

I had some messups with my extruder so i ordered a few to have spare parts on that. (sadly destroyed 2 before i got the hang of it)

Other than that i ordered a few of the small fans since they tend to die now and then or get very noisy when they start to wear.

And of course i got 4 extra nozzles and pre-ordered 4 plated ones (the ones that are seriously clogged i keep apart until i get a bunch to torch and test)

You could go extreme and order stepper drivers or even motors but not sure it is needed they should last if there are no factory defects in it or the installation of them. Couplers too should last a long time but can wear out eventually. I might be tempted to order more spare parts once we have more then one Raise3D pinter.

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:24 am

Any reason to use the regular nozzles when there is the plated hardened ones now?

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:31 am

I do not know if you will need the brass ones once you have the plated ones the difference in heating should be only slightly worse with the plated ones (so doubt you will notice a difference).

As far as i know the plated ones are not send yet (i have 4 in pre-order) so i can not tell you if they work as well as the original ones

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:47 am

I suggest nozzle, hotend (cause we don't sell throat tube only for now), thermalcoupler and step drivers.

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:00 am

Thank you all. I had the same question about the nozzles as I was adding them to my shopping cart.
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

EL Cuajinais

Postby EL Cuajinais » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:09 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:(cause we don't sell throat tube only for now)

Why is that? I can't be the only one who feels $80 is too much to spend for a "just in case part". Can you please sell the titanium throat tube by itself like you sell the nozzles by themselves?

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:34 am

I have a feeling the throat tube is the most expensive part (60-70% of the price)

I ordered 3 spares because i messed up 2 extruders. But in my case i did not break the throat tube i think and i think my problem with the 2 'dead' extruders is the alu block (that they do not sell separate either)

EL Cuajinais

Postby EL Cuajinais » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:33 pm

Well they sell the nozzles at $15/each so that is nearly 20% of the price right there. And you still need to account for the alu block and heatsink, which I imagine aren't super cheap. I would think the throat tube by itself could be sold for not more than 50% ($40). By the way how did you damage the alu blocks?

PS- I'll trade you a fully working V1 hotend with extra nozzle for a V2 throat tube if you are interested.

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:17 pm

i ruined the alu blocks by trying to make a seal turning the throat tube too forcefully and the thread in the alu block got eaten :/

They recently released the correct way (first nozzle in up to 2 mm from block, then lightly turn the throat tube in and finish by setting the nozzle to hold tight) but for me it was too late, i messed the treads up already (just consider myself lucky not to have broken the throat tube itself)

2 new alu blocks and i should have 2 extra spare extruders :)

Zettlinger

Postby Zettlinger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Thank you for the offer but i rather keep it simple by only having one type of extruder :) Keeping them spare hoping to see spare alu blocks or for the moment i break a throat tube

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm

fans fans fans. Working on the head they are always on so tend to fly around as you move things and hit edges etc.

Return to “Hardware”