So finally my N1 printer found it's home!

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
jmp

Re: So finally my N1 printer found it's home!

Postby jmp » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:00 am

Trhuster wrote:It is kind off funny Jason, we both have a very rare and good printer in Clone R1 and we both went for Raise3D printers, only difference is that you went for N2+ and poor people (me) went for N1.

Very rare indeed. For me, because the Clone R1 prints so well, it was the N2+ or none at all. It is meant to be the replacement for my Rostock Max, and I use the word replacement loosely because in the 3 years I've owned it I barely have over 100 hours printing on it. In fact, now that I think about it, my N2+ already has more print time on it!
RL Name: Jason Preuss Thingiverse: JMP Youtube:http://youtube.com/c/patterntoprint Website: http://www.patterntoprint.com

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Lighter than i imagined it.

MikeWall

Postby MikeWall » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Awesome!
N2 KS-Raise3d'er

Duplicat

Postby Duplicat » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:09 am

Barely a 1/4 of a spool?, THAT is amazing. Nice job.
I would have a lot of fun airbrushing a print like that,, but it would probably take almost another 50hrs to get looking realistic.

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:39 am

Andy Cohen wrote:
Trhuster wrote:
Andy Cohen wrote:Good benchys, but like those I did on my N2, ringing is evident. Unfair comparing it to a print off the CloneR1. Ringing is not well controlled from what I'm seeing on my N2. UM style gantry with a lot of mass in a direct drive extruder. It is what it is. Slowing it down does not help all that much too. I tried. Those of us with a CloneR1 see it. It's better then a Rep1 or a Rep 2, but it cannot compare to the Craftbot+.
Given the build area, mod-ability and SEB price it was to good to pass on.

The one printed with 0.2 layers have no ringing and is as good as the one i printed on Clone R1. The ringing with 0.04 layers is from z-bed because off more backpressure from the nozzle makes the bed bounce abit, Clone R1 also have this at low layers.

But keep in mind i have a N1 with shorter rods and only a single extruder than your N2.

Note... ringing with ABS is substantially less then it is with PLA. Different viscosity.

Hey Andy,

I did a 3dbenchy with Raise3D PLA that came with the printer. I can't spot any ringing. Used 0.2 layers 40mm/s and Simplify3d.

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Some sunshine pic's.

Jetguy

Deleted

Postby Jetguy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Jetguy on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Jetguy wrote:My N1 is coming Monday so now I get to catch up on all the N1 stuff, mods, tips and tricks.
That means I'll be able to populate the N1 hardware list and details, get down and dirty with all aspects of the N1.

Nice,

You can start pointing me quiet psu-fan. Mine is really load imo. Other than that it is so smoothe and quiet. :) I think i want to do your mod for lighter extruder setup.

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah... NICE. The N1 seems to print a heckalot better then the N2!

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:01 pm

oops... wait... 40mm.
I do 80 as my std speed(120 on the CR1). 40 is REAL slow!

Although I did try and set acceleration to 200 (in my start gcode) from the 1000 default and i still got ringing even though you can see it going real slowly on the short paths. My gut is telling me the N1 is simply better output though. Hopefully Vernon will do tests before he starts to modify it.

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Andy Cohen wrote:oops... wait... 40mm.

Although I did try and set acceleration to 200 (in my start gcode) from the 1000 default and i still got ringing even though you can see it going real slowly on the short paths. My gut is telling me the N1 is simply better output though. Hopefully Vernon will do tests before he starts to modify it.

I think 80mm/s on a small prints like 3dbenchy is really fast. But my printer has some ringing in the Castle print if you look closely on the top roof and some other places. Before i did think it was from my z-stage bouncing abit but now i found out that i have quite alot off play in the bearing/rods that go trough the printhead and now i am not so sure where the ringing is from.

Andy Cohen

Postby Andy Cohen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Trhuster wrote:
Andy Cohen wrote:oops... wait... 40mm.

I think 80mm/s on a small prints like 3dbenchy is really fast. But my printer has some ringing in the Castle print if you look closely on the top roof and some other places. Before i did think it was from my z-stage bouncing abit but now i found out that i have quite alot off play in the bearing/rods that go trough the printhead and now i am not so sure where the ringing is from.

Ya know I'd bet you will get ringing simply from the momentum of the liquid plastic itself! I would guess that the shorter gantry rod lengths would make a difference for the N1 Vs the N2.

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:02 pm

DId you have any problems getting this print off the Buildtack?

Trhuster

Postby Trhuster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:12 pm

The Castle was real hard to get off with my spactula. Still testing different temps ect to see if i can find a sweet spot.

Return to “Hardware”