Pro3 build plate slipped

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
umass2ucr

Pro3 build plate slipped

Postby umass2ucr » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

I bought a Pro3 largely because the flexible build plate looked super convenient. When it arrived I felt that the Pro3 deck magnets were pretty strong, and I was very surprised to find that during last night's print my magnetic build plate shifted - by a few inches - and obviously killed my print. The traditional red knobs up front do little to hold the flexible Pro3 build plate in place. A pair of small C-clamps would likely get in the way of the hot end. I see that the Pro3 build surface has threaded holes in the corners....I'm thinking of using a machine screw with washer/gasket to hold down the build surface. I'm not sure what the thread size/pattern is though. Thoughts?
Attachments
Pro3busted.jpg

umass2ucr

Re: Pro3 build plate slipped

Postby umass2ucr » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:58 pm

Update: The red knobs (positioned horizontally in my photo) which located just 2cm away from the corners are designed to be used in a vertical orientation in those holes to hold down the magnetic build plate. I'm still not sure how I wasn't able to see something so obvious lol.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:04 am

There should be some smaller black thumb screws that came with the printer in the brown box. I have included a picture of the parts in question.

umass2ucr

Postby umass2ucr » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:47 pm

Thank you Ryan. Yes I should have definitely used the black thumb screws from the kit, which are much shorter and won't be in the way of the hot end.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:31 am

I am glad to hear it.

Return to “Hardware”