Air purification Raise3d Pro2 Plus ABS filament

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Polar

Air purification Raise3d Pro2 Plus ABS filament

Postby Polar » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi,

I just started to print recently for the first time with ABS.
Unfortunately I don't have the best ventilation in the printing room and the Raise3D Pro2 Plus printer isn't sealed properly and the filter at the back doesn't purify ABS properly.
So after my first print there is a bad smell in the room even after 2 days having the windows open and using an consumer air purifier.
I'm looking now into investing in either an industrial air purification system for that room or investing in a Bofa 3D printpro system.

Does anyone have experience with bad smells from ABS and how do you handle it?
Does anyone has drilled holes in their Raise3D printer to hook up an fume extractor?

I would love to know what others do against particles and fumes.
If possible show some photo's of you you handle this with your setup.

mdana

Re: Air purification Raise3d Pro2 Plus ABS filament

Postby mdana » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:29 am

I was also looking at the BOFA 3D PrintPRO 3 since our Pro2 Plus is in our office at work. The filter on the back of the printer is pointless and just there for marketing.

ccclarke

Re: Air purification Raise3d Pro2 Plus ABS filament

Postby ccclarke » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:56 pm

The installed filter is for air particulates only. It does not create "purified" air fouled by toxic ABS fumes. For that, you need a dedicated air handler system - preferably a fan-driven extractor that vents air to the outside.

We occasionally print ABS at work which requires a vented hood system.
Male Modeler / Sub-Human

Return to “Hardware”