Screen won't turn on

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Javokhir

Screen won't turn on

Postby Javokhir » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:07 pm

In our company, we got Raise3d Pro2 Series printer and sometimes after switching it on, the screen won't turn on.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Screen won't turn on

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Do you mean the screen will be on sometimes after power on but sometime not?
I would recommend to reach over to our support at http://help.raise3d.com to see how we can help your diagonise. It can possibly be a loose cable or defects on hardward.

kris

Postby kris » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:25 am

Hello,
We have similar problem. After our Pro2 printer was storge in the office for 8 months in the original package. The first boot up failed with a black screen. Lights and fan are working, but the touch controller is just black.
We have reach our reseller and we were told that due such a long idle time the battery was discharged and we were advised to leave the printer ON for the whole day.

But does really Pro2 have a battery in touch controller module? And if it is empty it would prevent from booting? I would expect that printer will boot correctly and some user info shall be shown that battery is low and print may be interrupted if a power outage occurred.
Anyway, if the power supply is turned OFF the lights and fan are still working for some short time, so it looks like there is some holdup time.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:43 am

There is a module in Pro2 touchscreen working as battery.
Do you have multimeter on hand can measure the voltage input on screenboard?

kris

Postby kris » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:01 am

Yes, I do have.
I have already measured the power supply(CN10 connector) to be 24V and the small battery stick to the board (looks like PC BIOS battery) was 3V. That looks fine to me.
I there any other battery?

I also measured voltage on this small LDO board and there was none.

I have disconnected all connector from the board ( ethernet, camera, reset button and usb cable) leaving only the power supply. Then turn ON the printer, there was no reaction, the screen was still black. But my question is if it is proving that something wrong is going one with touch controler or there is any dependence to the driver's module which could prevent from booting.

kris

Postby kris » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:16 am

The exact value on the input voltage is 24.17V that may be important as it probably checks if the voltage is OK before power-up.
Nevertheless, there is 3.3V on the board, so the power supply shall be fine.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:52 am

Can you leave the back cover of the screen and power on the printer and check whether there is a light on the screen board lights up when power comes in and off very soon? Should be a green light.

Return to “Hardware”