N2+ Power Switch - Horrible Placement

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
mitchfx

N2+ Power Switch - Horrible Placement

Postby mitchfx » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 pm

As others have pointed out the decision to put the N2 Plus power switch on the back of the was very poorly thought out. My printer is on the floor in a corner so it's almost impossible to reach without pulling the entire unit away from the wall which is a real pain. Is there any possible harm to the electronics if an "in-line" on/off switch is used instead? What I'm talking about is a well rated adapter like a power strip with its own switch and plugging the N2 into that. Instead of relying on the switch on the rear I would use the one on the adapter. Thoughts?

walshlg

Re: N2+ Power Switch - Horrible Placement

Postby walshlg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:43 pm

I agree power switch in the back is the worst possible place.

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Thank you for the your input. I will forward this suggestion to our developers. In the meantime there is no problem with using a inline switch externally.

Candor

Postby Candor » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:19 pm

After receiving my new printer I can understand what your referring to. My solution was a rather simple one. I have a wireless remote switch left over from from some outdoor lighting that are rated pretty high for current. I just now sit at my desk and push a remote button and VIOLA, the printer turns on/off. I think I got mine from the local Home Depot but I am sure about any home hardware store would have these. They are easily found online as well.

3D MAKE

Postby 3D MAKE » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 pm

I also agree, I solve this problem with a plug with switch

Return to “Hardware”