adding casters to the N2

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
firesped

adding casters to the N2

Postby firesped » Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm looking at adding caster (wheels) to my N2.

does anyone know of any parts that would work for this?

It looks like it is already setup to have the parts added. likely the base frame is the same for the N2 and N2+
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

walshlg

Re: adding casters to the N2

Postby walshlg » Thu May 25, 2017 4:24 pm

My N2+ has casters. BTW one piece of advice, buy some wood shims, like you use for squaring window or door frames, from your hardware store and use them to even out the load on the casters to make it level with no torquing the frame.

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Fri May 26, 2017 1:34 pm

" It looks like it is already setup to have the parts added. likely the base frame is the same for the N2 and N2+"

That is correct, it is the same base. You would just need to add to it. Make sure any casters you get are rated for the printers weight. Typically this model sits on a desktop so casters could be an issue if it were on a desktop with nothing to stop it from rolling off the edge.

spid

Postby spid » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Need better castor wheels.
Was hoping to get as large as possible.
Any recommendations?

chippie

Postby chippie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi all,

Bumping this.

Does anyone have any recommendations for casters/castors please? Anyone found any that have built in levellers? Guess it is the mounting plate that drives this and there is no info out there on it afaik :-(

Also does anyone know the hole spacing for the fixing bolts please? Cannot seem to find this info anywhere sadly and do not want to move the printer until ready to actually attach the wheels.

Any Raise3D people, I am looking to put castors on my Pro2 rather than using a separate 'dolly'. Do you know the thread size of the bolt that secures the Rubber Feet on the 'non' Plus Printers please? Is is OK to attach casters to this single hole please?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Here you can find the size of the screws can hold casters.
https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/rounded ... t~3-25-mm/
And attached a screenshot showing the position of the holes for installing casters.
Attachments
Image_20200916161901.png

Return to “Hardware”