Left Motor clicking on material feeding (TPU and PLA)

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
checky122

Left Motor clicking on material feeding (TPU and PLA)

Postby checky122 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi All,
We have a Raise Pro 2 Plus and have been printing with PLA pro and TPU filament. We have an issue of feeding filament through the left extruder only to hear the motor struggle and start clicking (deep sounding) and vibrating slightly. PLA can be pushed through the extruder and nozzle however the motor clicking is still on and off. The motor clicking is worse with the TPU filment.
We have taken apart the nozzle and checked for any blockages. We have taken apart the top of the extruder and cleaned it (including all the gears) however this has not resolved the issue.
We possibly think that it may be an issue with the motor itself.

If anyone can point us in the right direction that would be great! :D :D

Thanks,

Martin

kalado

Re: Left Motor clicking on material feeding (TPU and PLA)

Postby kalado » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi, have you made any progress on this?
I just encountered the same problem after switching filament.
It printed out one layer perfectly and then started with this clicking noises and didn't extrude any more filament.
I tried unloading and reloading but this is not working anymore.
I tried the jam troubleshooting but I couldn't detect any blockage anywhere, the nozzle cleaning rod goes through without a problem.

On the Pro2

Update: It is working again, I tried printing a Wood PLA, I'll have to check how to go about this better.

Simko

Re: Left Motor clicking on material feeding (TPU and PLA)

Postby Simko » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Front fan is probably getting weak or not running at all. I just recently went through this struggle. After taking the hot end off probably 6+ times to clear out what seemed like nozzle jams, it actually turns out that if the front fan is not providing enough cooling, the filament will heat up (and swell?) and jam itself in the throat tube.

Return to “Hardware”