Touch screen ghost touches

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Miahb

Touch screen ghost touches

Postby Miahb » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm

I just booted my machine (N2 Plus) up for the first time in about 3 months due to moving. When it turned on, it acted like something was touching the screen. I plugged a mouse, and I can see the cursor jumping around and it is selecting things at random. The battery was dead from being unplugged for so long, so I am charging it up now, but would that cause this issue, or is it possible that the screen is malfunctioning now? Looking for help as I have missed printing.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Touch screen ghost touches

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:50 pm

It does sound look more hardware related. The power of battery won't really help a lot for this issue. But you can try first.
If it is not helping, please open a support to reach to our technicians to help diagnose.

Daws

Re: Touch screen ghost touches

Postby Daws » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:58 am

My screen has started doing this too.

It started off with the touch functionality dying from the left hand side which necessitated the use of a mouse, now when I turn the printer on, the cursor jumps up and own the right hand side clicking things at random. Of course, the only thing on the right hand side of the screen is the settings (Gear) icon.

I have a feeling that there is a mechanical design issue with how the screen and touch panel is mounted, any chance that the panel is perhaps twisted slightly?

I wonder how many of the original N2 series touchscreens are still functional? It definitely seems like a manufacturing or design issue with these printers.
CAD-NX Printer-Raise3D N2

Return to “Hardware”