new printers leaving the factory

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
User avatar
John@Raise3D
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:42 am

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby John@Raise3D » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Every printer leaving the factory is with the latest version of firmware at that time. However, due to the long sea shipping time, when the printer arrives, we may release a newer version of firmware and then you need to update.

Andy Cohen
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby Andy Cohen » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:39 pm

John@Raise3D wrote:Every printer leaving the factory is with the latest version of firmware at that time. However, due to the long sea shipping time, when the printer arrives, we may release a newer version of firmware and then you need to update.

I think the OP is wondering about whether or not N2s will be sold now with V2 of the hotend plus the update to the bed as well as any other hardware changes.

Zettlinger
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:48 am
Location: Roosendaal, Netherlands

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby Zettlinger » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Since batch 4 they are all send out with a V2 nozzle and nylon tipped screws.
As far as i know all new machines will also have a different heatbed where the lines avoid the places where the screws go

User avatar
John@Raise3D
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:42 am

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby John@Raise3D » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Andy Cohen wrote:
John@Raise3D wrote:Every printer leaving the factory is with the latest version of firmware at that time. However, due to the long sea shipping time, when the printer arrives, we may release a newer version of firmware and then you need to update.

I think the OP is wondering about whether or not N2s will be sold now with V2 of the hotend plus the update to the bed as well as any other hardware changes.


For now, V2 hot end, new heat bed, ABS printed fan duct, thumb screw with spring to z limit switch(N2 and N2 plus only), new thermal couple and heating rod and a lot of other small changes are standard with any N series printer now.

User avatar
Thomarann
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby Thomarann » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:22 pm

John@Raise3D wrote:For now, V2 hot end, new heat bed, ABS printed fan duct, thumb screw with spring to z limit switch(N2 and N2 plus only), new thermal couple and heating rod and a lot of other small changes are standard with any N series printer now.


Any plans to sell an "update kit" incorporating all those new items for those of us with older (lol) printers?

Marc
Marc. N2 Dual

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 6925
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:10 am

Thomarann wrote:
John@Raise3D wrote:For now, V2 hot end, new heat bed, ABS printed fan duct, thumb screw with spring to z limit switch(N2 and N2 plus only), new thermal couple and heating rod and a lot of other small changes are standard with any N series printer now.


Any plans to sell an "update kit" incorporating all those new items for those of us with older (lol) printers?

Marc


Hi Marc,

For all the customers who have booked the V2 hotends, we have sent a package including nylon tip screws and thumb screws with spring all together with V2 hotend.
For the fan duct, you can print it by high temperature yourself.
For the heat bed, if you have already installed the nylon tip screws, there is no need to replace the new heat bed.
For the thermal couple and heating rod, since you have just received your printer, the thermal couple and the heating rod on yours are the latest type.

User avatar
Thomarann
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: new printers leaving the factory

Postby Thomarann » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:51 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Hi Marc,

For all the customers who have booked the V2 hotends, we have sent a package including nylon tip screws and thumb screws with spring all together with V2 hotend.
For the fan duct, you can print it by high temperature yourself.
For the heat bed, if you have already installed the nylon tip screws, there is no need to replace the new heat bed.
For the thermal couple and heating rod, since you have just received your printer, the thermal couple and the heating rod on yours are the latest type.


Thanks Vicky - thats great.

Marc
Marc. N2 Dual


Return to “Hardware”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests