Touch screen not working

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
seiyata

Touch screen not working

Postby seiyata » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 am

I'm using Raise3D N2. Touch screen sometimes gets unresponsive (Menu is displayed correctly but any touches don't work.). Initially I recovered this by restarting the machine (turn off the power switch on the back), but now the battery is full and even I cannot restarting. Could you advise...
1. How to I recover the unresponsive issue?
2. If not possible, how to force restart the machine?

seiyata

Re: Touch screen not working

Postby seiyata » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:51 am

Sorry, I found this article and were able to restart the machine.

https://www.raise3d.asia/pages/importan ... es-printer

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Please check your power supply. Make sure it is properly grounded and use a 3 prong plug.

Odin

Postby Odin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:11 pm

I have same problem but no reset button.

Plug is a 3 pin

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Is there only no good response with finger touch but other functions are good.
Or print stuck together with screen stuck.

Please help check whether the third pin socket is grounded.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Please also follow this user tip. The screen is capacitive touch. Your finger is mostly made of water and the screen is sensing an electrical change when your finger touches the screen. The problem is, the screen is inside a plastic box on the frame and your body may be wearing rubber shoes making you the human ungrounded. By simply placing one hand on any metal screw on the printer and touching the screen with your other hand will often make the screen seem much more responsive. Again, simply touch the printer with one hand, the screen with the other. The difference is night and day in how the screen detects your finger presses.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Also, this is NOT a resistive touch screen. DO NOT press hard on the screen trying to get touches to register. That will never, ever work on this screen and will be one way to break it (pressing harder). Your finger barely needs to make contact with the surface of the screen but you must also be grounded.

This is why they are asking to check the power cord since the printer also sits on rubber feet or castors (in the N2Plus) and thus is isolated and the only way is the power cable is the ground connection. This is again, why placing one hand on the printer to touch any metal, and then one hand touching the screen can make such a HUGE difference in how responsive the LCD is.

Return to “Hardware”