Day 1: Board error: Error 1: Extruder switched off. MINT...

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Day 1: Board error: Error 1: Extruder switched off. MINT...

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 am

Biggeek wrote:Ticket number and PM sent a while ago.. no reply yet..
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Biggeek wrote:Did that before I posted.. no answer so far.. now the printer wont even start... just goes directly to the error message...

Please PM me your ticket number. Will ask my colleague to help you as soon as possible.

Well received. Currently checking now.

frjez

Postby frjez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Jetguy wrote: ...
I'd tone it down about 2 notches if you want people to help you. Kicking in the front door screaming in your first couple of posts isn't the best way to make an opening statement.

@Jetguy. Thank you. Point well made, but... but. The used fans are so noisy with a pitch that I can not stand. Plus the radial cooling fan in the "driver" box is soooo loud too, that really drives me crazy.
Non the less, this is really a lame duck solution. Lets say I'm preparing something on my PC and I turn ON the printer (BTW, 2nd hand Raise3D N2+ here. Used ONLY once before I got it!!) and until I push the START button I have to listen this, this, S-word ;) .
Really why are those fans ON it's a mastery to me. Specially because they are doing no good at all. They are in function ONLY while the extruder is heated. It's like having a car engine turned on because today you will be using it! Does that make any sense?!?

walshlg

Postby walshlg » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 pm

the question is why are your fans so oud??? Mine are very quiet! I strongly suggest that you replace the fans, they are inexpensive and you don't have to thread the connector wire, just let it hang down or zip tie to the other cables.

NewbPilot

Postby NewbPilot » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:18 am

walshlg wrote:the question is why are your fans so oud??? Mine are very quiet! I strongly suggest that you replace the fans, they are inexpensive and you don't have to thread the connector wire, just let it hang down or zip tie to the other cables.

Funny note about that. One of my fans on my N1 died about a month after i got it. I figured some dust or filament hair got inside and burned it out. No big deal, I stole the fan from the right extruder i never use and was back in biz. I then ordered 2 spare fans.

Today something weird happened, I had a short of sorts, looks like it burnt out the right heating cartridge. I get an error I'll post tomorrow But, I decided to put the right fan on JUST IN CASE I ever have a need to use that side once i replace the heater cartridge. First fan, Brand new from R3D, was so noisy, i almost cried. Put a drop of 3-in-1 in the center after peeling back the label. same problem. I toss it in the trash and put the 2nd fan on that was also new from R3D and it's whisper quiet.

I had ordered some Noctura 40x40 fans, but apparently they are not the same size as the 40x40 fans that R3D uses. Oh well.

redUFO

Postby redUFO » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Did anyone every get this problem solved? This exact issue with error 0 and error 1 started happening after I replaced the extruder with a new one. The printer would work for days and I started to see these errors. Then it go so bad I can't print anything now.

I've replaced the board by the extruder and the motion controller board but that didn't help. Right now I turn on the printer. It might work at best for 20 minutes tops. Then it crashes every minute or two with these shut down errors. I'm at a lose on what to do. I've been talking with support and have a ticket in but I'm stumped and about to give up.
Maker of Star Wars stuff
http://r5-d4.blogspot.com/

49 Spools of PLA ordered from Raise 3D.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:00 am

It normally refers to that the board gets a improper temperature value feedback from extruder board out of the proper range. Unless you have put your machine at a really lower temperature place (under 0C), it should due to improper temperature feedback.
Which inside this temperature feedback system are:
Two thermocoples (even yours is single nozzle, we still install two thermocouples on extruder board)
Extruder board
Ribbon cable (connecting extruder board with motion board to feedback data from extruder board to motion board)
Motion board

Since you have replaced the board already, I would suggest you to check whether your thermocouples are well connected on the extruder board. And whether the ribbon cable's two ends are well connected on extruder board and motion board.

Or there should have some broken hardware.

redUFO

Postby redUFO » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 pm

Good news! I fixed it.

I realized this problem started about 10 days after I installed a new hot end assembly. So I figured maybe I bent some wire in the heater rod or thermocoupler. I had a new thermocoupler laying around and I installed that and it works like brand new. Before it only worked maybe 20 minutes at best then looped into nonstop reboots and errors. Its been work about 30 hours nonstop and printed 3 parts so I'll let support know to close this ticket.

So for others who later google extruder error 0 and 1 and frustrated as your ribbon is not disconnected try what I did if you hit a wall and not sure what step to do next.
Last edited by redUFO on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maker of Star Wars stuff

redUFO

Postby redUFO » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:07 pm

I installed a new thermocoupler. Printer worked for 4 days nonstop and now the exact same problems are back:(
Maker of Star Wars stuff

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:53 am

Still Board Error 1? Have you double checked that the thermcouples and ribbon cable are well fixed on board?

AnilKumar_enthu

Postby AnilKumar_enthu » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am

Hello All,

I have also been getting this error for my N2 series 3D printer and yes the company also sent me new thermocouples to install but i still have the same error. I have also checked my ribbon cables and the room temperature is well above 5 C as the floors are well insulated. I have retightened all the wires of the thermocouple but we still have the same issue. Could someone please help me on this.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Besides the thermocoupler, the ribbon cable and extruder board may also have chance to be broken and cause the same error.

AnilKumar_enthu

Postby AnilKumar_enthu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your reply and now the company replied that they will be sending new extruder board.

Return to “Hardware”