N2 axis problem

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
mat

N2 axis problem

Postby mat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:27 am

Hello any that can help

Im trying to get my printer up and working again after it hasn't been running for a while and i lost interest in trying to get it fixed as other projects came up that needed more attention
But now have more free time, am wanting to try and get this issue sorted
The printer is having trouble in the Y axis, i have already purchased and replaced the x/y stepper driver and yet it has led to no success
For a while this evening when i was tinkering with it, the machine lost both x/y axis traversal
please find a link to the video -
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GUDk7 ... NkwMIwAPuK

In the video you can hear that its having a real issue with trying to move.
Additionally, the only way that the printer head will move is if you press the home button under the move axis in utilities.. if you press any of the arrows for the x/y axis they have no affect

If anyone can help this would be great

Cheers
Mat

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: N2 axis problem

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Have you tried disable the motors and move the print head manually? Can you hear any abnormal noise with manually move?
Any abnormal resistance or binding points when trying to move the print head?

mat

Postby mat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello Vicky

Thanks for the response, yeah i have disabled the motors for the printer head and it moves easy in both X/Y directions. There is no noise that i can hear at all when moving it other than the sounds of the belts running and the regular whooshing of movement
There was one time where it did not want to move even though i had disabled the motors, which i thought was odd, so i turned the printer off and on again, and released the motors again and it moved freely again

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:17 pm

If you press one arrow in X direction and press one arrow in Y direction to try to move the extruder, it won't follow right?
And after that, if you try to move the extruder manually with both XY motors enabled, is it able to be moved a little bit?

mat

Postby mat » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Hey Vicky, sorry for the late reply, im not getting notifications about your responses

Ok so i tested the printer again, when i press any of the arrows for the printer now nothing works.. not even the z axis moves (upwards is what i tested for that).. if i press the home buttons however everything starts moving after pressing it, though the y axis is still not working in any way shape or form still
So as of now only the home button moves anything, i didnt try moving the z axis down though after moving it back to its home position (as the z down button was working previously too)

I wasnt able to move the extruder head with the motors enabled.. i tried fairly strong to move it but not too much as i didnt want to break anything (more).. but they didnt budge at all

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:21 am

I would recommend you open a support ticket so that you can get notifications via email if the ticket gets any update.
You can open a support ticket of your issue at http://help.raise3d.com, we have technicians there who will follow up your issue.
Your issue sounds a little weird for me, as the motors cannot be controlled by movement commands, but can be locked by screen. We may need you to do more tests to dig in.

mat

Postby mat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Hey Vicky

Thanks for the response again, that's too bad. I was hoping that someone on the forum would be able to weigh in on this problem because i have contacted the support team to begin with when the issue first arose and the only option they gave me was buy a new driver control chip, which i did and it didn't fix the problem. I don't really care to keep buying more replacement parts for something that wasn't cheap to be begin with to be honest, specially if it doesn't even fix the issue

Thanks anyhow Vicky

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Would you like advise your ticket number? I will ask senior technician to have a look.

Return to “Hardware”